This grilled boneless chicken breast post is sponsored by The U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council–
A fantastic savory blueberry relish with rosemary and balsamic vinegar. This is perfect to add on top of juicy grilled chicken breast for an easy summer meal.
With summer bearing down on us (eventually!), It’s time for berries and blueberries are a hot ticket in my house. My kids love them, they’re the perfect snack and sometimes I have to bite my tongue when I see them inhale whole packs in minutes!
But it’s blueberries I tell myself and they’re healthy, so I either have to buy even more to satisfy both of my kids or keep my freezer well stocked with frozen blueberries.
Most people would tend to use frozen blueberries in a smoothie or a dessert of some kind, but don’t rule them out in savory dishes and even cocktails or summer sangria. This blueberry relish with fresh rosemary and a splash of balsamic is perfect for adding to some grilled boneless chicken breasts. Honestly it would work on any meat, from a burger to a thick ribeye steak the savory sweet flavor is definitely something you should have with any barbecue this spring or summer.
And it couldn’t be simpler to make! Frozen blueberries are slowly cooked with the balsamic and rosemary until they become thick and almost like preserves. Hands up if you have cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving, now you can have blueberry sauce all year round!
One advantage of using frozen blueberries for me is that you can have them at the ready any time of the year, and because I tend to also do a lot of baking I love that I don’t have to fly to the store for more berries all the time. You can throw them straight in the blender if you’re making smoothies or milk shakes or they can sit out on the counter and they’ll be soft in less than 15 minutes!
This recipe will easily feed four people, and how do I serve it?
Grilled Chicken with a Savory Blueberry Relish
A fantastic savory blueberry relish with rosemary and balsamic vinegar. This is perfect to add on top of juicy grilled chicken breasts for a summer meal.
- 2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary divided
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves
- 4 whole medium sized boneless skinless chicle breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place the blueberries, 1 tbsp of rosemary, balsamic and blueberry preserves into a pan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook over a medium-low heat for about 20 minutes and the liquid has started thicken.
- Crush the blueberries with the back of a spoon and set aside.
Preheat your grill to high. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken and season with the salt and pepper.
- Place on the grill and cook for about 7 minutes each side depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Serve on a large plate and top with some of the blueberry relish and the remaining chopped rosemary.