Wondering what cheese to use in a grilled cheese? Look no further. We have three answers! Check out our Garlic Parmesan Grilled Cheese.
I am often asked:
What is the best cheese for grilled cheese?
When I was growing up it was two pieces of bread (that I didn’t even bother buttering), a slice of American cheese (that I had to remember to unwrap from its plastic wrapper) and it never had melty cheese.
Today, we are excited to bring you Garlic Parmesan Grilled Cheese. It has three different cheeses (extra sharp cheddar, provolone, and gouda) inside and a golden brown garlic parmesan crust on the outside. It is a flavor explosion that will have you asking for seconds. Don’t forget to video your impressive cheese pull once you are finished.
This will be the best grilled cheese sandwich you’ve ever had at home.
It is so easy to make, my 10-year-old prepared the whole meal, and got to do the taste testing as well!
Garlic Parmesan Grilled Cheese
- 8 slices of brioche bread
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 slices of extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- 4 slices of gouda cheese
- Take 2 slices of brioche bread
- Butter one side of each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of butter
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of garlic powder on the buttered side of the bread slices
- Sprinkle ¼ of the ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese onto the buttered side of the bread slices
- Place a skillet over medium heat/low heat
- Put one of the bread slices on the skillet, buttered side down
- On the non-buttered side of the bread in the skillet, add one slice of extra sharp cheddar cheese, one slice of provolone cheese and one slice of gouda cheese
- Place the other slice of bread, butter side up, on top of the three cheese slices to form a sandwich in the skillet
- Cover the skillet with a lid, if you have one (it will help make the cheese even meltier)
- After approximately 2-3 minutes, flip the sandwich in the skillet
- Continue cooking the other side of the sandwich to a perfect golden brown and crustiness
- Let the sandwich sit for about 30 seconds
can’t resist this one, way too much flavor and a great idea, I’ve forgotten or at least don’t think much about grilled cheese sandwiches until this, parmesan is definitely the way to go in adulting grilled cheese sandwiches, thank you!