Easy farfalle pasta tossed with kale, bacon and melted mozzarella. Eat it hot or cold, it’s a win-win either way!
Is there such a thing as being addicted to pasta? I’m asking for a friend!
Or otherwise knows as the easiest thing in the world to cook! Pasta is always a great time saver, especially when you’re driving kids around to after-school activities and the clock seems to be going ten times as fast as you’d like it to be.
And not all pasta dishes need to be covered in a heavy red sauce or creamy alfredo. I know pasta isn’t the most carb friendly ingredient but I’m all about balance, and this easy farfalle pasta recipe has a full head of kale in it!
How to make farfalle pasta with bacon and kale
Dried pasta is perfectly okay to use, fresh pasta is fantastic but not very practical for the busy parent on a weeknight loaded with errands. Keep the fresh pasta for the weekends when you have more time to shop and make something really special. Most fresh pasta has a recipe written on the pack and they’re usually really good.
Use green kale and after giving it a quick rinse under some cold water, you’ll need to cut out the spine which is the tough middle part of each leaf.
Once the kale hits the pan it’ll act just like spinach and wilt down, so don’t be worried if it looks like a huge mountain of kale sitting in your pan. It’ll also suck up all of that delicious bacon flavor!
Up your protein for the day by adding salmon, shrimp or chicken.
After the kale has cooked, all that’s left to do is add the farfalle pasta back into the pan along with some chunks of mozzarella and Parmesan.
Stir and let the cheese become soft.
Garnish with chopped walnuts, and more Parmesan and serve when hot. Any leftovers can be reheated or eaten cold, it makes for an awesome pasta salad!
Other pasta dishes you might like!
Penne with Lemon Rosemary Goat cheese
Brown Butter Spaghetti with Mizithra cheese
Farfalle Pasta with Bacon and Kale
- 3 cups farfalle pasta dried
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp thyme chopped
- 1 bunch of green kale
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 6 ounces mozzarella cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- black pepper
- Cook the farfalle as per the instructions on the box. Drain and set aside.
- Chop up the bacon into small pieces and add to a 9-10 inch non-stick pan.
- Cook the bacon until it just begins to become crispy.
- Add the garlic and chopped thyme and turn the heat to low while you prep the kale.
- Rinse the kale leaves under cold water and shake off the excess water.
- Cut the center part of each kale leaf off and discard, then roughly chop the rest of the remaining leaves.
- Add the chopped kale to the pan and saute until the kale starts to wilt. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan and mix.
- Add the olive oil and stir.
- Add the Parmesan and diced mozzarella and stir until it starts to just become soft.
- Serve at once and garnish with chopped walnuts.
Gorgeous pasta!!! Love the bacon + kale combo!
Mmmm…love that there is a whole head of kale in there! Looks divine!
Mmmm, looks so tasty!
So easy and full of flavor! Total win!
I could become dangerous friends with this dish. Me and pasta are like <3