This roast chicken covered in Brummel and Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread and fresh sage can easily feed the family and tastes amazing!
This post is sponsored by Brummel and Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread.
Being a stay-at-home parent comes with certain responsibilities, as you’d expect. Making sure your kids have clean clothes and a full stomach are only a couple of them, but having them help you cook in the kitchen is just as important. When my kids become adults, I hope they’ve learned enough from me, that they can put together a meal for their friends or dare I say…even their dates!
One recipe I think is important is cooking the perfect roast chicken. A medium sized chicken can easily feed four and maybe even leave you with some leftovers for sandwiches the next day if you shred it thoroughly. I always start with a chicken around 4-5 pounds, giving it a rinse under some cold water and patting it dry with paper towels.
And then the fun part begins! I like to cover the whole chicken with a mixture of buttery spread, fresh herbs, salt and black pepper. Brummel and Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread is made with organic yogurt and tastes just like (even better) than regular butter. It has half the saturated fat of regular butter too! The buttery spread cooks and bakes just like butter so I knew it would be perfect for my classic roast chicken.
I went with sage for this chicken but rosemary, thyme, and oregano are all equally as flavorful so feel free to switch them up. Using enough of your buttery spread is important because that will ensure you end up with a juicy chicken with some of the tastiest, herby skin you ever tasted! Don’t forget to baste the chicken as it cooks with the melted buttery spread from the base of the pan.
I think you’ll love this recipe and the smell it creates in the kitchen will make you drool, so be warned!
Easy Roast Chicken with Sage
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 4-5 pound chicken, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup Brummel and Brown Organic Buttery Spread at room temperature
- 1 whole clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the oil to a large enough oven-safe pan and place into the oven while you prepare the chicken.
- In a small bowl combine the spread, garlic, sage, salt and black pepper.
- Using your hands and with the chicken breast side facing up, rub the spread over all the surface of the chicken making sure to use all of it.
- Once the oven has reached its temperature, take the pan back out and place the chicken into it.
- Finally place the pan with the chicken back into the oven and roast for about an hour and a half or until the temperature has reached 165 degrees making sure to baste it every 20 minutes or so.
- Let the chicken rest for about 10 minutes and then slice.