One pan artichoke pasta made with a creamy sauce, artichoke hearts and pasta shells. You can pull this together in no time for a complete family meal that everyone will love!
About this artichoke pasta
You’ve seen the recipes on social media lately where the less pans used the better and the easier the recipe becomes at the same time. The most viral one is probably with cherry tomatoes and feta cheese. This artichoke pasta is similar to that and uses a few simple ingredients added to a casserole dish and baked in the oven, simple!
The recipe is fantastic with just the artichoke hearts but feel free to add any other protein such as diced chicken or shrimp. I will add that these would need to be separately cooked before adding to the pasta at the end.
Making the recipe
- Creating the sauce
Make the pasta sauce by combining the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, artichoke heart quarters, cheese and cream in an oven safe baking dish.
- Baking the dish
Bake in a hot oven for 25 minutes and until the mixture has melted and begins to turn golden and bubbling.
- The final steps
Mix the sauce together before adding the cooked and drained pasta and toss well, making sure the pasta is well coated. Serve at once with some more grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves on top.
FAQ’s about making artichoke pasta
You can but I’d keep your choices to the smaller kinds like elbow or mini penne/ziti. The ratio of sauce to pasta isn’t the same for large rotini or larger penne.
You can find them in your local grocery store usually in the same aisle as the olives and relish.
No, the recipe is best served fresh and straight out of the oven. As soon as it begins to cool the sauce becomes thicker.
Add the pasta to a pan along with some whole milk. Cover and heat over a medium heat until simmering, stirring a few times and the pasta has returned to a creamy consistency.
Yes you can. Reheat as above after thawing.
more artichoke recipes
Easy One Pan Artichoke Pasta
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 24 oz jar of brined artichokes, drained
- 3 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz small dried pasta shells
- fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- In a 9×13 inch oven safe baking dish, add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, heavy cream, garlic, drained artichokes, 2 ½ cups of Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven uncovered and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the artichokes are baking, make the pasta as per the directions on the pack, drain and set aside.
- Once the sauce and artichokes are done, stir gently with a spatula and then add the drained pasta.
- Stir well to combine the pasta with the sauce.
- Serve at once with some remaining Parmesan and fresh basil leaves.