Deviled eggs make an easy appetizer for any party but especially Easter brunch! These are filled with roasted corn, spices and topped with Cojita cheese for Mexican street corn style deviled eggs!
Deviled eggs are what we all need at some point, and it doesn’t have to be only at Easter. Hard boiled eggs make great snacks but creamy deviled eggs are indulgent. Before you know it, you’ve eaten six! These are so simple to make with the only time consuming part being boiling the eggs and waiting for them to cool. This can be bypassed though by boiling them the night before so all you have to do is mix the ingredients together and serve! Deviled egg fillings are wide open for creativity and I don’t think I’ve ever tasted a bad recipe. For this version I had Mexican street corn as my inspiration. The filling is a mixture of roasted corn, paprika, chipotle chili powder and mayonnaise. The eggs are topped with crumbled Cotija cheese just like the classic Elote street corn that we all love to get messy with!
Tips for making Easy Deviled Eggs
- I like to boil my eggs for about 10 minutes so that the yolk is just slightly soft which helps create a creamier texture for the filling.
- You can buy pre-cooked hard boil eggs to save some time.
- Any eggs will work but I recommend organic and natural eggs like Pete and Gerry’s.
- Peel the eggs as soon as they are cool and not too cold.
- Use a potato masher to crush the yolks and bring the rest of the ingredients together.
- A piping bag is the easiest tool to use to fill the egg whites with your creamy yolk mixture.
Can deviled eggs be made ahead of time?
They can be but the yolks can become slightly discolored after being in the fridge for a few hours. I recommend at least making the filling beforehand and giving it a quick mix before filling the egg whites. Your deviled eggs will still be a bright yellow color when you serve them.
Does mayonnaise always have to be an ingredient?
No, you can use ranch, Greek yogurt or even hummus. Check out my hummus deviled eggs with black olives and feta cheese!
Other egg recipes I know you’ll love!
Easy Deviled Eggs Mexican Street Corn Style
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese grated or crumbled plus extra for garnishing
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chipotle cili powder
- 2/3 cups canned roasted corn
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Carefully add the eggs one at a time and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Fill a large bowl with ice and water.
- Once the eggs are ready transfer them to the ice bath until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the eggs and then half each egg long ways.
- Scoop the yolks out into a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and season with salt and black pepper.
- Smash the mixture with a potato maser or a fork until smooth and creamy.
- Place each hollow egg white facing up and transfer the filling to a piping bag.
- Pipe some of the mixture into each egg white half.
- Place onto your serving plate and garnish the eggs with extra corn, cheese and cilantro.