Creamy Deviled Eggs filled with Sabra Classic Hummus, crumbled feta cheese and black olives. This is a crazy easy appetizer that everyone needs to make!
Are deviled eggs still stuck in the eighties?
Who cares because as long as they hang around for another 20 plus years, I’ll be stoked! I mean, let’s face it the eighties was an ultra cool time period. I even had long hair, seriously what the heck was going on?
But deviled eggs have stood the test of time, in fact they’ve become quite sassy. Check out these crazy flavors!
Shut the front door, I feel like I could eat two dozen of these!
And they’re so easy to make too, hard boiled eggs (obvisiouly) and then some kind of softener added. Usually it’s mayonnaise and mustard but you can let your mind run a little crazy on this one.
I tried to play on the Mediterranean flavors by adding Sabra Classic Hummus, chopped kalamata olives and Feta cheese to the egg yolks. Some fresh oregano and chopped honey roasted nuts on top made these super addictive.
I really want you to try these for your next appetizer party or National Hummus Day on May 13th. I guarantee that once people get past the memories of some sketchy deviled eggs from the past, they’ll be begging you for the recipe!
Another major plus for these eggs is that they’re healthy and vegetarian! If you’re willing summer to come but are trying to be conscious about what goes in your mouth, this is the perfect snack.
Loaded with protein, you might end up eating the equivalent of four eggs. I may be speaking from experience when I say that they’re so easy just to pick up and shove in your mouth. Of course you can take a tiny bite at first but really, you want some of that awesome filling.
Try these other filling ideas, just add to your mashed egg yolks!
- Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus with crushed Cheetos on top
- Horseradish and potato salad
- Sesame oil and ahi tuna
- avocado with cilantro and salsa verde
- Bacon and blue cheese
This post was sponsored by Sabra. All thoughts and opinions are always my own!
Deviled Eggs with Hummus Feta and Olives
- 10 whole eggs
- 1 full container (10oz) Sabra Classic Hummus
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped oregano plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped honey roasted nuts
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the eggs carefully.
- Boil the eggs for 14 minutes then transfer to a bowl of iced water to cool.
- Peel the eggs then slice them in half transferring the yolks to a separate bowl.
- Mash the yolks and then add the hummus, sour cream, olives, Feta, salt, pepper and oregano to the yolks.
- Mix well to combine all of the ingredients.
- Using a piping bag or a spoon scoop some of the mixture back into the egg whites.
- Garnish with extra oregano and some finely chopped honey roasted nuts.