This recipe was introduced to me at one of my first family gatherings with my wife, Stephanie’s family. We were to bring an entree and she was so excited that we were going to make Easy Creamy Chicken. I had never heard of it, but if it had the word “easy” and “creamy” in it, then I was sold.
I was her assistant, a very untrained assistant, and I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make. A few simple ingredients, but packed with flavor…and a little kick!
This recipe can be used at home on a busy week, for a family gathering or to drop off to anyone for a special occasion or life event. We love using disposable 9×13 pans, pre-make the recipe and drop it off for anyone to throw in the oven later.
The beauty of this recipe is you can add or substitute all sorts of ingredients to make it your own. Sub ground beef for chicken. Add corn and black beans. Make it your own or make it our way.
Any way you make it we are confident it will be easy and delicious!
THREE TASTY SIDE DISHES FOR EASY CREAMY CHICKEN
Easy Creamy Chicken
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 10 oz. can of dried tomato and green chile
- 10.5 oz. can of cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups of pulled chicken (about one rotisserie chicken works great)
- 12 soft corn tortillas
- 2 cups of colby jack shredded cheese
- Salsa (if desired)
- Tortilla Chips (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9×13 pan
- In a large bowl, mix together 16 oz. sour cream, 10 oz. can of diced tomato and green chiles, 10.5 oz. can of cream mushroom soup, 3 cups of pulled chicken and 12 soft corn tortillas torn (or cut) into small pieces
- Spread mixture into 9×13 pan
- Top with 2 cups (more or less for your preference) shredded cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese bubbling
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving
- Top with salsa and/or tortilla chips if desired