It’s time for another Oscar ceremony! Will you be one of the 40 plus million people tuning in to see if your favorite movie was worthy of a gold statue? I’m not sure that I will only because I rarely have the time to go to the movies, unless it’s a movie for the kids. The last movie I saw was Frozen with my daughter which I thought was amazing!
If you are going to be watching the ceremony, you’re probably going to need food, wine and maybe something sweet to help you through the speeches and dress commentary. Cost Plus World Market has it all and just to make things a little easier on you so you can actually enjoy the Oscars, I put together some super easy appetizer ideas with someparty essential products.
But first let’s talk about how you could win tickets to see free movies for a whole year! Cost Plus World Market have teamed up with Fandango to bring one lucky winner to the movies for a year and it won’t cost you a dime. You’ll also win a $1000 gift card to Cost Plus. Just click here to enter.
The appetizers I chose to make are really easy and taste great with the Foodies Merlot I picked up at Cost Plus also.
Mini meatballs roasted in the oven with a balsamic and rosemary glaze are perfect or just stabbing with a toothpick. It’s so hard to stop at just one or two. After I shot this picture I almost ate the whole dish because they were so good! The dressing is actually supposed to be for potatoes but it works just as good on the meatballs
Easy toasted bruschetta with artichoke spread. I sprinkled some grated mozzarella on top of these and flashed them under the broiler or a few minutes. Gooey and melty was the result, kind of like an artichoke dip that’s already been dipped for you!
Smoked salmon mini pizzas! Thin style prebaked pizza crusts are topped with a smear of whipped cream cheese, some smoked Alaskan salmon, olive oil and fresh thyme. These were probably my favorite, yes even more than the meatballs. These pizzas would be great for a brunch or breakfast too.
No movie night- or Oscar party- would be complete without popcorn. I melted some Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips and drizzled it over some salty popcorn. Easy and a little messy but a great reason to lick your fingers!
Compensation was provided from Cost Plus World Market for these items. All ideas and opinions are as always, my own.
Easy Appetizer Ideas
For The Roasted Meatballs
- 1 pack of your favorite frozen mini meatballs thawed
- 1 pack of Red Fork Balsamic Roasting Sauce
For The Bruschetta Toasts
- 1 inch crusty baguette sliced into 1 thick slices
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 Jar of Artichoke Bruschetta Spread
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
For The Smoked Salmon Pizzas
- 1 pack of thin crust pizza crusts
- 1 box Alaskan Smoked Salmon
- 8 ounce of whipped cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme chopped finely
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your meatballs in a bowl and pour the sauce over them, mixing well.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes making sure to gently toss them halfway through cooking.
- Place the baguette slices on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Top with some artichoke spread and mozzarella.
- Place under the broiler for 2 minutes watching closely in case they burn.
- Spread each pizza base thinly with the cream cheese. Top with crumbled smoked salmon chunks.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with the fresh thyme.
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice and serve at once.