“Mmm, that salad was delicious” said no one ever at a ball game! Hey, I’m not beating on salads or healthy food at all, you’ll find loads on my blog but when you get to go to a ball game the choices for bites are usually freakishly delicious and oozing in cheese. It’s a time for indulging in something you probably don’t eat everyday.
And that’s exactly what happened to me last week. I was invited by Cacique Cheese to attend a Los Angeles Dodgers game against the Colorado Rockies, the Dodgers won which was awesome but viewing the game from Cacique’s suite was amazing. Watching another game from a nose bleed seat will be tough in the future! Let’s get back to the food for a second, Cacique provided a whole spread including chicken, steak, quesadilla’s, cheese and of course the famous Dodger Dog. Dessert was Cacique Yogurt with a bar full of toppings that wouldn’t look out of place in a frozen yogurt store.
I got to hang out with some other cool people and as always Cacique made us feel like one of the family, I’m always amazed at the kindness and generosity they show. My ode to them and my awesome night at Dodgers Stadium are these Chorizo French Fry Nachos using four Cacique ingredients. I only throw in the word nachos because doesn’t everything become a nacho when doused in melted cheese? Skip right past making your own french fries because you can pick up some decent frozen ones at the store and make sure your onions are nice and caramelized. I can’t tell a lie that some inspiration for this over-the-top cheese and meat party came from In N’ Out’s animal style fries. Layer on that chorizo and beef followed by the onions and two types of Cacique cheese- Mozzarella and Queso Quesadilla– melt in the oven and drizzle with the spicy chipotle Crema Mexicana.
They don’t sell this at the stadium yet but I bet if I had a cart outside I’d be sold out within an hour!
More wacky nachos recipes!
Real Food By Dad- Texas Chicken Nachos
Gimme Some Oven- Chicken Enchilada Nachos
How Sweet It Is- Carnitas Nachos
As an ambassador for Cacique Cheese, compensation was provided for this post. All opinions are my own, for reals!
Chorizo French Fry Nachos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large white onion cut into small dice
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen french fries
- 1 tube of Cacique Beef Chorizo 9oz
- 3/4 - 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cacique Queso Quesadilla cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cacique Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat the olive oil on a pan and add the diced onions.
- Cook on a medium heat until they start to caramelize and turn brown, about 20 minutes.
- Lay the frozen french fries on a large baking tray and cook as per the manufacturers instructions.
- In another pan, cook the chorizo and ground beef together, drain any grease that may appear leaving only the meat.
- Make the chipotle crema by adding the chipotle powder and cumin to the crema and stirring until combined. Set aside.
- Once the french fries are cooked, adjust the oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Center the french fries in the middle of the baking tray and arrange the chorizo all over the fries.
- Top with the diced onion and both types of grated cheese.
- Place back in the oven and bake for about 5 minutes and the cheese has fully melted.
- Drizzle the crema over the melted cheese and sprinkle with the chopped cilantro.
- Serve at once on the baking tray.