These chocolate reindeer cookie pops are the perfect fun cookies for Christmas. Oreo cookies are dipped in dark chocolate and decorated with pretzel antlers and a bright red nose!
Making Christmas cookies has always been a tradition for many families, ours included. Although I give all of the credit to my wife who loves to turn it into a party and make a million cookies. The end result is a kitchen full of cookies, crumbs and kids covered in frosting! These reindeer cookie pops are actually Oreo cookies dipped in chocolate and then simply decorated with pretzels for the antlers and candy eyes and nose. Just like a cake pop, you can add a lollipop stick and make them even more fun to eat, (and a little less messy).
With only two main ingredients plus the decoration, they’re simple and quick to make. They also make a great christmas gift with a clear wrapper and a Christmas bow tied to them.
All you need to make these cute chocolate reindeer cookie pops
- Oreo cookies
- Chocolate chips
- Candy eyes
- Red cinnamon candy
- Wooden lollipop sticks
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE CHOCOLATE DIPPED REINDEER COOKIE POPS
- Try and use the doubled stuffed Oreo’s which are thicker. This makes it easier to insert the lollipop stick into the middle.
- Quality chocolate makes melting and dipping easier. Regular chocolate chips have more sugar in them. When melted they become thick and more chocolate ends up sticking to the cookie when you dip it into the chocolate. By using a higher quality chocolate chip like these Guittard chips, the chocolate is thinner and coats the cookie better. You can also add a touch of olive oil to the melted chocolate which I explained in my recipe notes below.
- After dipping each Oreo, gently scrape the bottom on the edge of the bowl to let the excess chocolate run back into the bowl.
- Use a deep bowl or coffee mug to melt the chocolate in. This will make it easier to submerge the Oreo completely in the melted chocolate.
- Once the cookies have been dipped, place them in the fridge for 10 minutes to help them set.
- Regular pretzels can be roughly broken to resemble antlers and the eyes and nose can be found easily in the baking section of your grocery store or any craft store like Michaels.
Love making Christmas cookies? Try these other fun recipes!
- Sugar Cookie Reindeer Cookies
- 25 Awesome Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Checkerboard Cookies
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Chocolate Reindeer Cookie Pops
- 12 double stuffed Oreo Cookies
- wooden lollipop sticks
- 1 11.5oz bag Guittard chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- candy eyeballs
- red cinnamon candy for the nose
- Place a sheet of parchment paper onto a baking sheet pan and set aside
- Insert a lollipop stick into the center of each Oreo
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave gradually making sure to stir after every 20-30 seconds until smooth
- Dip each Oreo into the melted chocolate making sure to cover the whole cookie and wipe the excess chocolate from the bottom of the cookie on the side of the bowl.
- Place the cookie onto the parchment paper and repeat with the remaining Oreos
- Once all of the cookies have been dipped, lightly drizzle some more chocolate over each dipped Oreo.
- Place two candy eyes and a red nose onto each cookie
- Break up some of the pretzels to create long shaped antlers and place two onto each cookie