Soft chewy Chocolate Brownies layered with Walkers Salted Caramel Milk Chocolate Chunk Shortbread Cookies.
This post is sponsored by Walkers Scottish Shortbread.
Whenever I begin a new relationship with a brand I always get excited, if I didn’t then I wouldn’t feel like I was giving 100%. But this latest post with Walkers Scottish Shortbread has me a little more excited than usual.
That’s because I am actually Scottish, and I don’t mean tracing my roots back 100 million years ago. You would only need to go back 18 years because that’s how long I’ve lived here in the United States. I have a lot of good memories of Walkers Shortbread because of its popularity back home. As a kid, it was a treat to have some shortbread on New Year’s Eve along with a teeny sip of my Mom’s sherry. Obviously, her plan worked because I can’t even smell sherry now without feeling nauseous!
Walkers has been making their buttery shortbread for over 120 years and have kept the roots of the business firmly based in Scotland even though you can find them all over the world.
So what makes Walkers Shortbread taste as good as it does? I think it’s the butter which is the main ingredient. Followed by sugar, flour, and salt. So simple and perfect to eat on their own with a hot espresso or there’s an endless list of recipes that you can use them for. Crush them up and they can be used to make pie crusts, dip them in chocolate and top with sprinkles for any holiday or my favorite, take two shortbread rounds and place a scoop of ice cream between them to make an epic ice cream sandwich!
These ultimate Stuffed Chocolate Brownies could become my new favorite though. I took a classic chocolate brownie mix and added half to a baking pan. Carefully place the Walkers Salted Caramel and Milk Chocolate Chunk shortbreads on top of the brownie mixture. Place the remaining brownie batter on top and bake.
You’ll see why I called them ultimate!
*Walkers Salted Caramel and Milk Chocolate Chunk Shortbread will be available at the end of February.
Chocolate Brownies Stuffed with Shortbread Cookies
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 9 Walkers Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour and cocoa powder.
- In a large pan over a medium heat, melt the butter and add the chocolate chips.
- Turn the heat to low and stir to melt the chocolate chips with the butter.
- Once melted add both sugars and whisk until the sugar has almost all dissolved.
- Add the eggs one at a time whisking each one into the mix.
- Pour in the vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly to the sides of the pan.
- Place the shortbread cookies in a 3x3 pattern.
- Pour the rest of the batter over the cookies and carefully spread to the edges.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes then let them cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing into desired quantity.
AHHH! These sound AMAZING!!
A doubly delicious dessert!
These look seriously incredible!
LOVE WALKER’S SHORTBREAD! Looking forward to making these very soon!
Brownies are my ultimate weakness!
What the? You are an evil genius!
I love it when I can enjoy the best of both worlds and don’t have to decided
My grandmother always stocked Walkers in her house around Christmastime, so I have wonderful memories of nibbling away on it. I HAVE to try these brownie cookies!