Tasty Chicken Stir Fry with a spicy peanut sauce and brown rice! You can make this as spicy, or mild as you like and it beats takeout any day!
Do you have a bucket list of places in the world you’d love to visit? I’m sure you do, and for me, Thailand is in my top 10. The culture and geography are perfectly legit reasons to fly there right now, but what about the food? If I’m going to Thailand it’s for sure going to be for the food.
But because I can’t just jump on a plane whenever I feel like mowing down on a red or green curry, I have to make do with the wide choice of Thai restaurants in my area. Or I could just make my own which would be less expensive and I don’t have to drive to pick it up!
So that’s what I ended up doing!
This easy chicken stir fry has some of my favorite Asian style flavors in it, sesame oil, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Adding the peanut butter makes it similar to a satay style taste but this peanut flavor is a lot milder. It does have a little heat from some squirts of Sriracha and red chillies, but you can dial the spice level down by cutting back on these things. I’m a total spice-head so it was the whole chili for me! This Thai Style Red Chicken Curry and my Sweet and Sour Chicken are more evidence of my love for these spicy flavors.
Serve your spicy chicken stir fry over some brown rice and garnish with tons of extra cilantro, green onions and chopped peanuts for that crunch.
Have an awesome weekend friends, and remember to tag me @foodnessgracious on Instagram if you make anything delicious!
Chicken Stir Fry in a Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce
- 4 green onions sliced finely
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp peanut butter smooth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1/2 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1 red chile thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 cup peanuts chopped roughly
- In a bowl whisk together the green onion, cilantro, peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil, chicken broth, black pepper and Sriracha.
- Heat the canola oil in a wok over a high heat.
- Chop the chicken breasts into small pieces and add to the hot oil.
- Cook over a high heat until fully cooked then add the yellow pepper and red chile.
- Add the sauce and bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and water then add to the sauce in the wok.
- Cook over a high heat until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over hot brown rice and garnish with more cilantro and chopped peanuts.