Juicy baked chicken breast stuffed with creamy Boursin cheese and wrapped in bacon!
All about making these stuffed chicken breasts
Chicken is a great and quick way to come up with a meal, whether you need something easy or something a little more fancy. These stuffed chicken breasts would fit either of those categories, they taste so good and come complete with a ready made sauce! That would be the Boursin cheese which you’ve probably seen a million times in the cheese department. We all know that it makes a great addition to a cheese board, but stuffing it inside these chicken breasts is the perfect way to create an easy and fantastic dinner.
Preparing your chicken
- Buy chicken breasts that are on the larger side. This will help create an area to add the cheese and have less leakage.
- When cutting the chicken breasts, be careful to only cut a pocket for the cheese to be stuffed into. Don’t slice all the way to the edge or the cheese will leak.
- Lay the bacon strips on a cutting board and place the chicken breast side down. Wrap the bacon around the chicken tightly making sure to create the best seal along the incision.
Questions about this stuffed chicken recipe?
The best way to make sure is to use a thermometer. It should read 165 degrees F when placed in the thickest part.
It’s not necessarily a bad thing to happen, you can serve it on the side or on top of the chicken when sliced.
By using two large chicken breast, you can comfortably feed 4.
Any vegetable such as cauliflower, Brussels sprouts or broccoli. I also like to use any grains as a side such as couscous, quinoa or mixed rice for a healthier option.
No, the temperature of the oven and the fat from the bacon will help give it a good crust on top.
more great chicken recipes
Boursin Stuffed Chicken Breasts wrapped in bacon
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 5.2 oz Boursin Cheese
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 380° F.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a slit into the side of each chicken breast to create a deep pocket.
- Stuff half of the Boursin into each pocket and gently pat down the chicken breast with your hand to make it even.
- Lay 4 slices of the bacon on a cutting board close together and place one chicken breast onto the bacon breast side down.
- Pull up the slices of bacon to wrap around the chicken creating a tight seal around the pocket area where the cheese is.
- Turn the chicken over and place breast side up onto a non stick sheet pan.
- Drizzle each chicken breast with the olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before using a sharp serrated knife to cut it into slices.
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.