Skip the takeout and cook this easy black pepper steak and vegetables sheet pan dinner for the family!
This post is sponsored by Lee Kum Kee Sauces.
I’m all about easy dinners especially when both of my kids are in summer camps and arrive home every night starving! Many times they’ll ask if we can pick up some food on the way home and I’ll be honest, it’s really easy just to take that option and skip the cooking. But between the not-so-healthy aspect and of course the dollars spent buying takeout every night it just isn’t worth it.
That’s why you should keep a stash of Lee Kum Kee sauces in the pantry. Lee Kum Kee makes it simple to prepare great tasting and easy meals and within minutes. Plus it’s made with high quality ingredients that are non GMO. I’m a big fan of the Hoisin Sauce but this was my first time trying the new Black Pepper Grilling Sauce and it didn’t disappoint! The sauce has just the right amount of spicy kick to it so I knew it’d be perfect for this beef sheet pan dinner. This recipe is literally made on one pan, so aside from the plates you use for serving the clean up is one bowl and one baking sheet pan.
Making my easy sheet pan dinner!
I like Lee Kum Kee sauces because they are versatile and a delicious way to elevate a variety of dishes. You can use them for marinades, stir fry’s or even just as a dipping sauce. For this recipe I added all of the ingredients to a bowl and added the black pepper grilling sauce. After giving it a good mix to make sure everything was well coated, just dump it out onto a sheet pan and cook it in the oven for about 25 minutes with an extra 5 minutes under the broiler to finish with a nice caramelized taste.
What’s the best beef to use?
I used eye of round which when cut into small pieces is not unlike a cheaper version of the tenderloin. Dice it into small one-inch pieces and toss with the veggies and sauce. You could easily switch your protein choice and use chicken or shrimp! You could also use skirt steak, flank or sirloin steak as an alternative.
What can I serve my black pepper steak with?
You have the veggies covered (and lots of them) but brown rice is always a welcome addition at our dinner table. I also love to add red chili flakes just to elevate the heat level. This sauce would also be amazing brushed on some chicken and then grilled. Chop up the chicken and add it to a salad for a healthy low carb dinner!
Check out the full range of Lee Kum Kee sauces here and see which recipe you’d like to make!
Black Pepper Steak and Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner
- 2 16oz bags of broccoli florets
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound beef eye of round cut into small dice or strips
- 1 cup Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Black Pepper Grilling Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted cashew nuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients except the cashew nuts and mix well to coat with the sauce.
- Transfer the ingredients from the bowl to a 17x12 inch baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes making sure to move the ingredients around halfway through baking to ensure even cooking.
- Finish the cooking by placing the pan under the broiler for 3-4 minutes at the end.
- Garnish with the crushed cashew nuts and serve with brown rice.