Crispy, tasty, loaded with garlic and dusted with Parmesan. These Garlic Parmesan wings will definitely make you want more than just a few!
All about these garlic Parmesan wings
Chicken wings are awesome, I think we can all agree on that! And with so many flavors to choose from they really make the ultimate snack for every occasion. Super Bowl is probably the one day of the year where the most chicken wings are eaten and these baked garlic Parmesan wings are just like my favorites from Wing Stop! I like my chicken wings crispy and for the meat to come right off the bone, and this is exactly how these are.
They’re baked in the oven and take an hour but it’s well worth the wait to get that perfect wing. I made two pounds for this recipe and my kids cleared the whole lot in less than 10 minutes. That’s the verification I needed that these are one of the best wing recipes I’ve posted. These Asian style chicken wings are a close second though.
tips for making the best chicken wings
- Bake the wings on a wire rack so that the heat can circulate around each wing to develop that crispy skin.
- Line a baking sheet pan with foil for super easy clean up!
- Make sure the wings are a combination of flats and drummetes. You can buy these already separated but sometimes they’re for sale as one large wing which can be easily separated at the joint.
- Make sure to keep turning the wings after every 20 minutes to ensure even cooking. Finished wings should be 165 degrees inside.
- If you have a convection setting on your oven, use it to distribute the hot air all around the wings for an extra crispy finish.
- Pat your wings dry with paper towels before adding any spices.
serving these garlic Parmesan wings
Serve a big platter of these wings with an ice cold beer, a new favorite of mine is Kurkuma from Allagash Brewery in Maine. It’s crisp and fresh with a taste of turmeric! Feel free to add any sauce on the side for dipping such as ranch or even lemon butter!
what is dried Parmesan cheese?
Parmesan cheese comes in many forms such as whole, shredded, grated, shaved and dried. For this recipe you need to use the dried version which is seen by many as the worst kind. You’ll find dried Parm, or shaker-Parm as it’s sometimes called on the table of your local pizza place, or in the little packets that come with pizza to-go. It’s definitely the cheapest and doesn’t need to be refrigerated due to other ingredients added to keep it shelf stable. I like to use it once in a while to add some special flavor, but there’s really no substitute for traditional Parmesan so don’t give up on the real stuff!
more tasty chicken recipes for game day
Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ -¾ cup dried Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the ove to 400°F
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with foil and lay a wire rack on top of the foil.
- Pat both sides of the wings dry with paper towels and place in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and toss well.
- Combine the onion powder, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the wings and toss to coat the wings.
- Place each wing onto the wire rack in neat rows.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn each wing over and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Finally turn each wing over one more time and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Once the wings are done add them to a clean bowl and sprinkle the dried Parmesan over them. You can begin with ½ cup and add more if you prefer.
- Toss well making sure each wing is coated in cheese.
- Serve at once.