Super easy juicy bacon wrapped hot dogs are great idea perfect for any summer cookout. Load them up with all of your favorite toppings and serve with crispy French fries on the side!
Summer is the perfect time to grill and enjoy delicious treats like burgers and hot dogs. But wait, there’s more! Elevate your backyard cookouts with bacon-wrapped hot dogs. Imagine juicy all-beef hot dogs in crispy bacon, creating a burst of flavor that will delight your taste buds. Trust me, this is a summer treat you won’t want to miss. Imagine the sizzle of the bacon slices as it cooks, releasing its irresistible aroma, while the hot dogs themselves reach the perfect level of juiciness. It’s a match made in culinary heaven. So, when you’re grilling in the sunshine, don’t forget to elevate your hot dog game with this extra special twist. Get ready to savor the tantalizing combination of smoky bacon and savory beef, creating a harmony of flavors that epitomizes summer indulgence. Make your backyard the go-to destination for flavor-packed delights, and let the festivities begin!
You can either grill or cook these tasty hot dogs in a pan on the stove in 15 minutes or less. The advantages of using a pan make it easier to control the heat and the bacon slices has less chance to unwrap from the hot dog. You will feel excited about grilling hotdogs the next time.
Something screams summer when you bite into a piece of bacon wrapped hot dog topped with so many good things like diced onion, jalapeños, and of course ketchup and mustard. Even though hot dog garnish are definitely a personal choice, I don’t think there are any relish that I’ve never liked.
Making bacon wrapped hot dogs
Yes, you can cook these either on the grill or stovetop in a pan. The critical part is making sure the bacon is wrapped tight enough around the hot dog so it won’t fall off, and making sure to get the bacon nice and crispy on the outside. This will ensure that the hot dog is fully cooked and ready to place n the bun and add your toppings. Bacon wrapped hot dogs are a classic American snack food that is perfect for a summer cookout. Mini hot dogs are another option to consider.
For the buns, it’s best to go for the classic soft ball park buns. While brioche or sausage buns are an option, they tend to be oversized, and you don’t want the hot dog to disappear in the crowd—it deserves to shine! Stick with regular buns for the perfect one piece bacon wrapped hot dogs experience.
Best toppings for wrap hot dogs
- Grilled or diced onion
- Jalapeños and pepperoncinis
- Mustard (spicy)
- Blue cheese
- Parmesan cheese
Tasty side dishes for your hot dogs
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 8 large hot dogs
- 8 slices sliced bacon
- 8 hot dog buns
- toppings as suggested above
- Place a pan over a medium heat and add 2 tbsp olive oil into it.
- Lay a slice of bacon on a cutting board and place the end of the hot dogs at the botton of the bacon.
- As you begin to wrap the hot dog make sure that the beginning of the bacon is tucked under itself.
- Continue to wrap the bacon around each hot dogs in a spiral motion until most of the hot dog has been covered.
- Place the hot dogs and bacon in the preheated pan and cook for about a minute before turning the hot dogs on its side using a pair of tongs.
- Repeat this process until all of the sides of the bacon are cook and are nice and crispy.
- Place the hot dogs inside of hot dog buns and top with your favorite toppings and sauces.
- Serve and enjoy.