Let’s define simple. Uncomplicated – effortless – snap – cinch. I could go on and on, but I’m trying to prove to you just how easy and tasty this shrimp pesto flatbread appetizer is. It’s sweet and savory and all sorts of addictive!
I don’t think it took me more than 10 minutes to make this recipe with only one pan being used. Shrimp and pesto are two ingredients I always use in pasta, but they also make an awesome flatbread.
This recipe doesn’t call for a traditional pizza type dough. In fact, I think you’ll love these new thin crust breads from Flatout Flatbreads. They’re super thin and take about two minutes to cook. All you need to do is get creative and come up with some of your favorite toppings. Grab ideas and inspiration from salads and sandwiches then transfer the flavors to the flatbread, easy-peasy!
The bread comes in three flavors, Rustic White, Spicy Italian and Rosemary Olive Oil. Promise me that the next time you have friends over, you’ll skip the cheese and salami plate and make this flatbread?
Generously spread the bread with basil pesto and add the shrimp. Toss the arugula with some lemon juice and throw it all over the Flatout Flatbread. See how easy this is looking?
Always buy the best shrimp you can find and without any preservatives, the difference is night and day, black and white, taco and quesadilla, you get the picture.
This was a sponsored post for Flatout Flatbreads. Compensation was provided and all opinions are my own.
Arugula and Shrimp Pesto Flatbread
- 2 Rosemary Olive Oil Flatout Flatbreads
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12-14 in large shrimp cut half
- pinch of red pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 2 good size handfuls of arugula
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/2 red apple sliced thinly
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Place the flatbreads into the oven directly on the grills and bake for two minutes. Set aside once done.
- In a small pan heat the olive oil until quite hot.
- Place the shrimp into the pan and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes if using.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on high heat and the shrimp are bright pink. Set aside.
- Spread about 4 tablespoons pesto on each flatbread almost to the edges.
- Place the shrimp on top of the pesto.
- Place the arugula in a bowl and squeeze the lemon over it. toss gently.
- Spread the arugula over each flatbread.
- Add slices of apple on top and drizzle each flatbread lightly with honey.
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired.