These artichoke hearts are crazy good cooked in a lemon and white wine butter sauce with tons of garlic! This recipe makes a fantastic party appetizer or elegant side dish.
Do you ever eat something at a restaurant and it’s just so good, you wish you could make it at home? If you’re a food blogger thoughts like these are an everyday thing, if you’re a normal person you’ll just enjoy what you ate and move on.
But eating so many other recipes that I don’t create, gives me a good idea for what I should be making for you guys, call it inspirational research.
Recently my wife and I had lunch and we ordered some artichoke hearts as an appetizer. Usually, I’d never order artichokes because they always seem like a lot of work for little reward, but these artichoke hearts were ready to go. No peeling or picking needed, just slice into them and give them a good swish in the sauce and they tasted so good!
Garlic White Wine Butter Sauce
The sauteed artichoke hearts portion of the recipe is right at the end. The majority of the work is all in making the garlic white wine butter sauce.
The simple white wine butter sauce is also perfect for spooning on top of grilled fish or seafood.
Keep in mind that the sauce will be on the thin side. So, don’t panic if it doesn’t thicken up too much. It just needs to coat the artichokes to keep this a light and simple appetizer.
Do I need to use fresh artichoke hearts for this recipe?
You can use fresh if you would like to, but using canned artichoke hearts makes things even simpler. I like to cut them in half. As a result, they warm up quicker and they’re easier to eat.
I like to serve them on a big platter and let everyone just help themselves to however many they would like.
Garnish with a heavy sprinkle of fresh parsley and sliced green onion and that’s it, so easy!
Other recipes using artichokes
Sauteed Artichoke Hearts Recipe
Artichoke Hearts in a White Wine Garlic Butter Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 (14oz) cans artichoke hearts drained and cut in half
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion thinly sliced
- In a medium-sized nonstick pan heat the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and stir for a minute making sure not to let the garlic turn brown.
- Add the white wine and simmer for 2-3 minutes to cook off the alcohol.
- Pour in the lemon juice and stir.
- Cut the butter into cubes and add to the pan gradually making sure to whisk constantly.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Carefully add the artichoke hearts and gently toss in the sauce to warm for about a minute.
- Transfer the artichoke hearts and sauce to a serving platter and garnish with the parsley and green onions.
- Serve at once.