A crazy rich and creamy Artichoke Dip with Kale and four kinds of cheese! This is the dip that you’ll roll out at every party and game day for the rest of your life, trust me!
Have you ever been to a party that didn’t have a charcuterie platter? I thought not, because they’re easy to throw together and everybody loves them. Everybody! Check out my post all about what the best cheese is to add to your platter!
Rules and recipes are thrown out the window in favor of looks and fancy french terms, but they all follow the same concept of cheese and meat. But remember I said there were no rules, so for this one I’m throwing in a Kale and Artichoke Dip loaded with Cabot NY Vintage Farmhouse Cheddar.
This dip might make your teary eyed…when there’s no more left. It’s pretty awesome and it has kale in it which is cool and all but let’s be real, this is a super creamy, cheesy rich dip so skip the calorie counts.
But that green kale sure is mighty pretty.
And my favorite way to eat it? Covered in honey, pecans and fresh rosemary. So simple and insanely tasty!
The artichokes are important in this dip, obvisiouly but make sure to use the marinated ones from a jar. They have much more flavor than regular canned artichokes.
Mix up those four cheeses- cream cheese, mascarpone, cheddar and Parmesan and add a splash of mayo and fresh tarragon. Bake in the oven until golden and bubbly. Sere with your choice of crackers and slices of crusty baguette until you get to the bottom of the dish, then it’s perfectly acceptable to dive in with a finger.
Add some Vermont Smoke and Cure Sausage Meats, some olives, grapes and apples and you’re golden.
Happy party season everybody!
Artichoke and Kale Dip with Cheddar
- 4 cups finely chopped kale this will cook down to about 2 cups
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 12 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup hard cheddar, grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped oregano
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- in a large pan heat the canola oil and sauté the chopped kale with 1/2 tsp salt until wilted. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the drained and chopped artichokes to the kale and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cheddar, Parmesan, cream cheese, mascarpone, onions, mayonnaise, oregano, 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper until well combined.
- Fold the cheese mixture into the kale and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to either one large oven safe dish or two smaller ones depending on your needs. You may have to adjust the cooking time if you use a larger dish. i used two smaller ones.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbling. Let sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly.