A delicious soft baked chocolate chip cookie for one, baked in the air fryer in a few minutes and topped with sea salt flakes.
Why make this cookie for one?
Sometimes you need a cookie quickly and with minimal fuss. You also might not want to make a full batch because if you’re like me, they might (probably will) disappear in the same day, though beware this is a good sized cookie so sharing is always an option. That’s why this handy cookie for one recipe is the perfect balance of quantity and quality. It’s a fresh baked cookie, soft in the middle with crispy edges, loaded with melted chocolate chunks and sprinkled with sea salt. Things can’t get better than that.
Baking your cookie in the air fryer means you don’t have to fire up your oven and warm up the whole kitchen, just for one cookie. I’m not a huge fan of unnecessary appliances but my air fryer is used daily and saves me so much time.
FAQ’s about making this recipe
Each time I used foil, my cookie stuck to it, so I recommend parchment paper.
Use the flat bottom of a mug or a glass.
Everyone has diffrent tastes for cookies, I prefer soft and gooey. The cookie will firm up after sitting for 5-7 minutes but still have that soft texture.
Yes, this will ensure even cooking and result in a better cookie.
I use a Cosori Air Fryer with an 8 quart sized basket.
more great cookie recipes
Air Fryer Cookie For One
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- ½ beaten egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup plus 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chunks
- sea salt for garnish (optional)
- Beat together the butter and both stars until creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix.
- Mix the baking soda through the flour and then add to the wet ingredients.
- Mix on low speed until a dough forms and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into a ball and place on a small square of parchment paper.
- Preheat your air fryer, then set to 350°
- Cook for 6 minutes and then flatten the cookie with the bottom of a ramekin or glass.
- Continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Lift the cookie out of the air fryer basket using the parchment paper and let it rest for 5 minutes on the counter.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve warm.