It’s time to get ridiculous and make these Ahi Poke Wachos! Fresh ahi tuna on a bed of crispy waffle fries and drizzled with a spicy Sriracha mayo.
Seriously I don’t know what happened. All It took was a couple of food truck experiences lately and wachos are my favorite ridiculous food!
If wachos isn’t a real word yet, it should be.
Crispy waffle fries covered in homemade Ahi Poke Tuna The experience is like the first taste of wine after going through two sets of common core homework, or thinking you’re all out of Nespresso pods and finding one at the back of the cupboard.
Ahi poke wachos are moment-changing!
This is the kind of food that would want me to own my own food truck.
We all know that traditional nachos are covered in a cheese sauce but I couldn’t bring myself to kill my not so inexpensive ahi. The spicy Sriracha mayo works perfect as a cover, along with some toasted sesame seeds and crushed rice crackers for some extra crunch.
Bring the food truck food to yourself and make your own ahi poke wachos!
Ahi Poke Wachos with Spicy Sriracha Mayo
- 1 pound fresh sashimi grade ahi tuna
- 1 cup finely sliced green onion divided
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 red chili finely diced. Less if you prefer a milder flavor
- 3 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds divided
- 1 bag frozen waffle fries
- 1 cup crushed rice crackers
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Hot Sauce
- Cut the tuna into small cubes and transfer to a bowl.
- Add 1/2 of the green onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, red chili and 1 tablespoon of the sesame seeds.
- Gently mix to coat the tuna in the other ingredients. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Heat the oven and bake the waffle fries as per the directions on the bag.
- while the fries are baking, combine the mayonnaise and Sriracha.
- When the fries are done, place them on a tray or platter.
- Top with the ahi poke mixture.
- Garnish with some of the crumbled rice crackers, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes and remaining green onion.
- Drizzle with the Sriracha mayonnaise.
- Serve at once.