Hawaiian Monchong Fish Tacos
Fish tacos are always an easy option for dinner, so try these Hawaiian versions.
Servings 4 people
For the salsa
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chopped into chunks
- 1 large tomato seeds taken out and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno chili chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Salt and pepper
For the tacos
- 8 ounce of monchong or any firm white fish
- Seasoning of your choice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup Cotija cheese crumbled
- Flour or corn tortillas small
- Cilantro for garnishing
Prepare the salsa as directed. Add them to a bowl and mix well. Set aside
Heat a saute pan over a high heat and add the canola.
Season both sides of the fish and place it gently into the hot oil.
let it cook untouched for 5 minutes before flipping it and cooking for another 5 minutes.
Once the fish is cooked let it cool for a few minutes. Using your fingers break it into large chunks.
Place some fish on to a tortilla and top with some of the pineapple salsa.
Garnish with some Cotija cheese and fresh cilantro.