Easy One-Pot Shrimp Orzo Pasta
A creamy stew full of tomatoes, kale, juicy shrimp and orzo pasta. Easy to make and ready in 20 minutes.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 14 ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup uncooked organic orzo pasta
- 12 ounces de-veined medium sized shrimp
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Fresh basil optional for garnish
Heat the coconut oil over a low heat until melted.
Add the kale and garlic and sauté until the kale gets soft.
Add the broth, tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic, salt, pepper, basil, oregano and orzo
Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn the heat down. Simmer for 15 minutes stirring often and the mixture has thickened and the orzo is soft.
Add the shrimp and cook for the remaining 5 minutes until shrimp are pink
Garnish with the parmesan and basil. Serve in bowls at once.