Grilled Cheese Ham Sandwich with Pineapple Jelly
The perfect way to use up any leftover Easter ham. Sandwiched between two slices of crispy sourdough and covered in melted gooey sharp cheddar.
- 2 slices sourdough bread.
- 2 tablespoons pineapple jelly
- 4-5 slices of smoked Easter ham.
- 4 ounces . about 6 slices Cabot Sharp Cheddar.
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter.
Spread the pineapple jelly on one of the bread slices.
Lay the ham on top of the jelly and sprinkle with the rosemary.
Place the sharp cheddar on top of the ham and finish by laying the other slice of sourdough on top of everything.
Melt the butter over a medium heat in a non-stick pan.
Place the sandwich into the melted butter.
Cook for about 5 minutes and then flip the sandwich over and toast for another 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt and ooze out the side of the bread.
Cut the sandwich in half and serve at once.