Green Curry Tilapia with Basil and Turmeric
Thai style green curry sauce and fresh tilapia filets baked in creamy coconut milk and served with brown rice. Easy to make and just like your favorite takeout!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp diced shallots
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp Thai green curry paste less if you prefer it less spicy
- 1 whole can (15oz) coconut milk
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup seafood or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 whole Regal Springs Tilapia filets
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini sliced into half moon shapes or diced
- 1 package fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup crushed cashew nuts
- 2 tsp dried red pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the diced shallots and turmeric. Cook for about 3 minutes until soft over a medium heat.
Add the green curry paste and stir well. Turn the heat to low. Open the coconut milk and transfer to a bowl. It'll be thick so use a whisk to bring it back to a milky consistency.
Add two tablespoons of the milk to the pan and whisk to combine. Gradually ad the rest of the milk and bring to a simmer over a medium heat.
Add the fish sauce and broth and stir.
in a small bowl mix the water and cornstarch to make a slurry. Add to the curry and stir. Season with the salt and black pepper.
Season the tilapia filets with a little salt and pepper and place in a oven safe dish big enough to hold both of them.
Add the zucchini
Pour the curry sauce over the tilapia and place in the oven. Bake for about 30 minutes and the curry is bubbling around the edges.
Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh bail leaves, crushed cashew nuts and green onions.
Serve at once with brown rice on the side.