Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe Three Ways
Creamy and delicious mashed potatoes, perfect beside any meat dish or steak.
Mashed Potato Base
- 2 pounds russet potatoes peeled
- 4 oz unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Gorgonzola Potatoes
- 1 cup Gorgonzola crumbles
For the Horseradish Potatoes
- 3 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon extra black pepper.
For the Roasted Garlic Potatoes
- 1 whole garlic bulb see instructions
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped chives
To Make The Mashed Potato Base
Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
Add the potatoes and boil the peeled potatoes until you can pierce each one fairly easily with a sharp knife, about 20-25 minutes
Drain and transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer.
Add the butter, cream, milk, salt and black pepper.
Mix on low-medium speed using a whisk attachment until most or all of the lumps are gone, scraping the bowl down at least once.
The mixture is now ready for adding any extra ingredients from the choice above.