Sticky and crispy Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings. These wings are baked in the oven and still have that great sticky look to them that we all love in awesome chicken wings. These are perfect for game day but make sure you make plenty!
Sweet and sour sauce was probably my first taste of not-so regular food as a kid growing up. It’s a solid reliable sauce that most people can relate to, even kids.
In fact my kids inhaled these Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings, with my daughter declaring them the best she’s ever tasted. The pile of stripped-down bones she gave me back was proof that these were a success.
I made these chicken wings as part of my relationship with World Harbors Marinades. They have a long list of awesome sauces and marinades perfect for every occasion, like my Beef Teriyaki Bowl or Jerk Style Salmon and Pineapple.
I did doctor the chicken wings up a tiny bit by adding some orange and pineapple juice. But other than that I left them to marinade overnight. I always recommend doing this, because the more time you can leave them soaking in the marinade, the more flavor you’ll gain after they’re cooked.
I also baked them in the oven and they can take up to an hour to get that crispy, caramelized look that we all love in chicken wings.
Nobody likes rubbery wings.
But these are worth the wait, trust me. The (sort of) secret is to keep basting them with the marinade as they bake, turning them over every so often.
Once they’re done, toss them in extra Sweet and Sour Sauce, because that sauce people!
Load them onto a platter and garnish with some chopped green onions and some kind of spicy peanut. I use roasted chili coated peanuts because they give a great spicy crunch to the chicken wings, but feel free to skip this part if nuts don’t do it for you.
Click here for a World Harbors Marinades coupon and go make something tasty!
I think this will be your go-to chicken wings recipe. My kids have already started requesting them again!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of World Harbors Marinades. All text and opinions are my own.
Sweet And Sour Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 4 cups Sweet and Sour World Harbors Marinade divided
- 1 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- Zest of one orange
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped chili peanuts
For The Glaze
- 1 cup of Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- Juice of one orange
- Place the chicken wings in a dish large enough to hold all of them.
- Add three cups of the sweet and sour sauce, chili flakes and zest of an orange.
- Toss to coat the wings well and marinade for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once the wings are ready, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking tray with foil and place a wire rack on top of the foil.
- Place each wing onto the wire rack side by side and bake in the oven. Save the marinade.
- After 20 minutes turn the wings and glaze with the marinade that the wings were in.
- Repeat after another 20 minutes turning and glazing with more marinade.
- Repeat again turning and glazing.
- After 60 minutes the wings should be starting to look golden and crispy.
- In another small pan, heat the remaining 1 cup of sweet and sour sauce, pineapple juice and juice of one orange and bring to a simmer.
- Place the wings in a large bowl and cover with the warm glaze.
- Toss and transfer to a large platter.
- Garnish with green onion and chopped chili spiced peanuts.