This yummy strawberry protein shake is made with fresh strawberries and vanilla whipped cream. Tasty and healthier than a regular frappuccino!
This post is sponsored by Premier Protein.
I might have been inspired to make this Strawberry protein shake with some help from a certain massive coffee chain and their new strawberry frappuccino. But that’s the only similarities because rather than mine being loaded with sugar, it’s pretty much loaded with fruit and protein!
This strawberry protein shake is really simple to make, and it’s made with mostly strawberries, low-fat yogurt and Premier Protein Strawberries and Cream Shake.
This is exactly what I’d be thinking about having post-workout. It’s always a few hours after a workout that I feel so hungry and rather than loading up on things that would probably cancel out the workout I had just completed, this strawberry shake has enough protein to help me through to dinner time.
It’s that huge 30 grams serving of protein from each Premier Protein drink that helps fuel the body, and it tastes amazing. By adding it to this shake, it didn’t just make it even more nutritious, it also added another level of creamy strawberry flavor.
There’s a couple of steps to make your own strawberry protein shake, but they’re super quick. First, you have to create that strawberry puree that will end up swirled in layers through the shake. Simmer a whole pack of fresh strawberries with a tiny sprinkle of sugar just to take any bitterness away and a splash of water.
For the shake, frozen strawberries are blended with low-fat yogurt and the protein drink
And that’s it! Add some strawberry puree to the bottom of your cup and fill it up halfway with the blended shake mixture, Another layer of puree and then more shake to the top.
Top it off with a dollop of whipped cream and some sprinkled bee pollen and chia seeds and you’re set!
I can almost guarantee you’ll love this because it’s bursting with strawberry flavor. If you don’t, mail it to me and I’ll drink it!
Wait, that’s not a good idea so let’s forget I mentioned the mailing to me part! USPS would hate me but my dog might love me if he sees smoothies being shoved through his mailbox!
Remember you can follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram so please tag me wherever you can, I love to see what you make!
Strawberry Protein Shake with Whipped Cream
- 1 pack strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups Premier Protein Strawberries and Cream Protein Drink
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Rinse the strawberries under cold water and slice of the green top part.
- Roughly cut the strawberries into chunks and add them to a pan along with the sugar and water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes until the strawberries are soft. Set aside to cool.
- In another bowl combine the heavy cream and vanilla until soft peaks. Set aside
- Once the puree is cool add the frozen strawberries to a blender along with the yogurt and protein drink.
- Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Add some of the cooled strawberry puree to the base of your glasses and fill halfway with the protein shake mixture.
- Spoon some more puree on top and fill to the top with the rest of the mixture from the blender.
- Repeat with another spoonful of puree and then a heaped spoonful of the whipped cream to finish off.
- Sprinkle with bee pollen and chia seeds if desired.
- Serve at once.