This homemade fresh Strawberry Lavender Lemonade is mega-refreshing and still perfect for the last weeks of summer! Make a giant pitcher of it and keep it in the fridge ready to pour.
I’m all about trying to incorporate herbs into sweet food and drink recipes because most of the time, it works! I say “most” only because their have been a few instances where basil and pineapple tasted like soap and mint and rhubarb just couldn’t get along together.
Previous winners have been this Mango and Basil Spritzer and Strawberry Mint Daiquiri.
This recipe isn’t rocket science, there’s a million lemonade recipes available and I can’t really take the credit for this one. The idea came from a recent trip to the central coast of California.
The family and I sat down for dinner at The Granada Hotel and Bistro in downtown San Luis Obispo. The server gave my kids some options and Q decided to have Strawberry Lavender Lemonade. I raised an eyebrow but remembered this is the kid who will mow down an entire sashimi salad and throw back oysters at age six.
He loved the lemonade.
So I promised him I’d make it when we got back home. Between part of a recipe from Epicurious and lot’s of taste testing I ended up with a pretty tasty version close to Granada Bistro’s strawberry lavender lemonade.
It’s so easy and try buying the dried lavender from a store that offers it from the bulk bins. You won’t need that much, in fact I paid 25 cents for almost a cup.
The fresh lavender stems came from a neighbors front yard, score!
Fresh strawberries, lemon juice, sugar and water is all that you need. You could switch out the sugar for agave if you prefer, just wait until the lemonade is made and then whisk the agave in a little at a time until you hit a spot that you like.
You can keep this kid-friendly or, of course you can add any kind of fizzy booze you like. Prosecco, Champagne or just white wine will turn it into a pretty awesome strawberry lavender lemonade sangria!
I just gave you two recipes in one post.
You’re welcome (insert wink emoji here)
Strawberry Lavender Lemonade
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice about 6-7 lemons
- 1 pound strawberries green cut off
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender seeds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 7 cups cold water
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
- Add 3 tablespoons of the lemon juice and strawberries to a blender and puree.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve pressing hard to get all of the strawberry juice into a small bowl.
- Add the mixture back into the blender and add the lavender seeds and rest of the lemon juice.
- Blend for about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the liquid to a large jug or pitcher.
- Add the sugar and water and whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
- Taste and add more water if preferred.
- Store in the fridge or add some frozen strawberries or ice cubes and serve at once.
How absolutely refreshing! I could really go for a glass of this right now!
I recently tried lavender in food…I always like “that’s only for potpourri.”
Then, I actually tried it and WHOA. SO GOOD. I need this!
Love the flavors, makes me want summer all year long
Love the flavors in this one Gerry! Sounds so refreshing and yes, perfect for summer!
Thanks Mary Ann!!
Immal glad we still have some summer left, this needs to be made here!
Totes agree Naomi!
I hope this lemonade will keep summer around a bit longer!! Gorgeous!!
I wish Lauren!!
Such a pretty refresher, and the perfect way to keep those summer vibes going for a few more weeks!