Oven roasted spicy potatoes! These baby potatoes are tossed in olive oil, paprika, chili powder and cumin for a spicy kick. Perfect as a side dish for any main meal, especially steak or fish and made with minimal fuss.
If you need a good side dish, then these spicy potatoes are worth considering! Baby potatoes tossed in spices and olive oil and then roasted in the oven. These would be great served with grilled steak and chicken, or slice them in half and add them to a salad. Whatever you choose to do, you’ll love the spicy taste.
FAQ’s about making these spicy potatoes
Baby potatoes are just new potatoes picked before they’re full size. They have a nice waxy exterior making them perfect for roasting or smashing.
No, the oven will do all of the work for you. Just toss them in the spices and olive oil before you begin.
Fingerlings are actually a variety of potato and are fully grown.
They have a kick but not so spicy that they kill all of the other flavors. On a scale of 1-10, I’d say they were closer to a 6.
more tasty potato recipes
- 1 ½ pounds baby white potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375° and like a baking pan with foil.
- Add the potatoes to a bowl.
- Pour the olive oil over the potatoes and then add the paprika, garlic, cumin, chili, salt and pepper.
- Toss the potatoes well making sure to cover all of the potatoes in the spiced oil mixture.
- Transfer the potatoes to the baking pan and place into the oven.
- Roast the potatoes for about 20 minutes turning them a few times.
- Once the potatoes can be pierced easily with a sharp fork, they are ready.
- Serve hot, garnished with red pepper flakes and parsley if desired.