Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner. If you are looking to celebrate May 5th with friends and family, you need a great taco entree that goes with a beer. Delight in the deliciousness of our Shrimp Tacos Mexicanos.
Stephanie and I love an entree at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. The entree is called Tacos Mexicanos, so this is our take on it, by swapping shredded beef (their take) for shrimp (our take).
Stephanie loves this one even more because it is gluten-free.
People make tacos mexicanos, a traditional Mexican dish, by filling a small corn tortilla with meat, vegetables, and spices. They then fold the tortilla around the filling and eat it by hand. Mexicans enjoy tacos Mexicanos, a popular street food that can be found in many restaurants and cafes throughout the country. They are also popular dishes to make at home, and there are many different recipes for tacos Mexicanos. Some popular fillings for Mexican tacos include grilled beef (carne asada), grilled chicken (pollo asado), shredded pork (carnitas), and slow-cooked beef or lamb (barbacoa). Tacos Mexicanos can also be topped with a variety of sauces, such as salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.
Shrimp tacos are a delicious and versatile dish that can be customized to your liking. Lots of options for this recipe to make it your own. Enjoy our Foodness Gracious take on this Mexican cuisine!
Shrimp Tacos Mexicanos
- 8 small (soft) corn tortillas
- 2 lb Raw Shrimp (we buy frozen, peeled, deveined, tail-off)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Olive Oil (drizzle in pan for cooking shrimp)
- Shredded Cabbage
- 2 Medium Avocado Sliced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes Diced
- Red Onion Diced
- 4 oz. Shredded Cheese (we used extra sharp white cheddar)
- 1 Lime (cut into 8 wedges)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce
- In a small dish combine seasonings (1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper)
- Place it in a medium bowl
- Sprinkle seasonings and fully coat
- Drizzle olive oil in a pan over medium heat
- Cook approximately 2-3 minutes each side
- Set aside
- Combine 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce in a medium bowl
- Stir until well combined
Making The Tacos:
- Warm a large skillet over a medium heat
- Place corn tortillas in skillet for a minute in each side
- Move tortillas to a plate
- Add shrimp to tortillas
- Add remaining ingredients of your choosing – shredded cabbage, sliced avacado, diced tomato, diced red onion, cilantro, shredded cheese
- Top with homemade crema
- Add lime wedges to the plate