This post is sponsored by KRAVE Pure Foods, Inc. All thoughts and opinions are solely my own.
This Roasted Broccoli is the perfect side dish hot or cold, summer or fall and takes about 30 minutes to make!
I’m all about roasting my vegetables, in fact it’s probably the only way I’l eat them 99% of the time. The flavor is intensified because of the high heat and those tiny crunchy burnt bits are always a favorite with my kids. As if that’s not enough reason to make this dish for your next meal, the fact that it has crumbled Chili Lime Beef Jerky from KRAVE sprinkled (heavily) on top is!
I know what you’re thinking. I might be crazy and jerky should only be for snacking? That would be false, I’m perfectly sane and jerky can be used easily in cooking other recipes! Before I settled on adding it to my roasted broccoli, I thought about including it in some slow cooked chili or making jerky infused meatballs for an epic pasta bolognese. Seriously guys, it totally works!
I love getting that chewy jerky texture in each bite, but it’s not like big giant chunks because let’s be honest jerky is chewy. That’s what makes it the epic snack that it is, but chopping it up like this is just like crispy bacon…only chili lime flavor!
KRAVE Jerky is simple. It’s low in fat, made with no artificial preservatives and they use only premium cuts of meat. It’s definitely what you want in your backpack whenever you have some outdoors time. And there’s so many flavors from sweet like Black Cherry BBQ Pork and Sweet Chipotle Beef, to some seriously savory versions. Two of my favorites are Honey Habanero Chicken and Pink Peppercorn Beef, can you tell I like spicy?
Another reason to love jerky, as If you might need one, is KRAVE have an actual jerky club with monthly subscriptions. You don’t even need to leave the house to get your jerky fix! Just sit by the door and wait for the truck. Sign up and manage your orders online, add or cancel if you might be feeling all jerkied out for a particular month and then jump back in!
Remember, jerky is an ingredient and I’d love to hear how you would cook with it. Leave me a comment or show me your best KRAVE Instagram pic by tagging me @foodnessgracious and @KRAVEjerky.
Roasted broccoli with a Chili Lime Dressing
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 whole garlic clove, minced
- 2 large heads of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper
- 1 3.25oz bag KRAVE Chili Lime Jerky finely chopped about 1/2 cup needed
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar and garlic and set aside.
- Chop the broccoli into florets and lay them on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and season lightly with salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Spoon some of the dressing over the broccoli and garnish with the chopped Krave Jerky bits, peanuts, green onion and cilantro.
- Serve hot or cold.