Chewy Rice Krispies Bars are topped with toasted mini marshmallows and sandwiched between two chocolate dipped graham crackers. Who said you need to go camping to have s’mores?
Christmas is definitely one of my most favorite times of the year, shocker right? There’s so many ways to capture the festive spirit: decorations, music, gifts, and don’t even get me started on the food! There must be something in our brains that trigger happy senses when we see the candy cane colors or red and green sprinkles.
Christmas is also a time for baking treats, so these Rice Krispies S’mores seemed like a perfect way to get in the mood and keep my taste testers (the kids) on my good side.
S’mores are always popular and for all the right reasons! Chocolate, gooey marshmallow, and crunchy graham crackers make the ultimate finger licking combination. But sometimes it’s okay to switch things up a bit, and by adding some original Rice Krispies Treats bars to the mix, these ended up on the next level!
They’re super simple to make and a perfect project for the kids. Just slice each Kellogg’s Rice Krispie Bar in half length ways and sit them on some graham crackers. Add mini marshmallows to the top of the bar and place them under the broiler.
This is where you keep a close eye on them because toasting marshmallows can go from golden brown to black in a hot second. Remember roasting them over the fire while camping and then having to blow on them with the force of a hurricane?
Yeah, we don’t want that.
Once your Rice Krispies bar is topped with those gooey toasted marshmallows, you can lay on the lid, which by now should be dipped in some thick dark chocolate, because we are doing s’mores here guys, right?
You can use milk chocolate if you like but I prefer a dark version; it’s totally your call.
Take a giant bite with a cup of hot cocoa in one hand and your favorite Christmas songs playing on a loop.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats. All thoughts are always my own and thanks for supporting the brands I choose to work with!
Rice Krispies Treats S'mores
- 6 whole Rice Krispies Treats bars
- 6 whole graham crackers cut in half
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 package red and green holiday sprinkles
- Melt both the dark chocolate and white chocolate in separate bowls.
- Take 6 half pieces of graham cracker and dip into the dark chocolate at an angle and lay on a piece of parchment paper to dry.
- Sprinkle some holiday sprinkles onto the wet chocolate.
- Slice each Rice Krispie bar in half length ways to create 12.
- Place each bar onto the remaining graham crackers and place 12 mini marshmallows on top of the Rice Krispie bar.
- Transfer to a baking tray and broil for a few minutes and until golden brown.
- Take a chocolate dipped cracker and gently press onto the marshmallow.
- Drizzle the unzipped part of the graham cracker with white chocolate and add more sprinkles if desired.