This Pumpkin Spice Smoothie is loaded with fall flavors and takes only minutes to make. With pumpkin, yogurt, and apple cider, this smoothie will help get you through the holidays!
I went to Quinn’s soccer practice tonight wearing my usual getup of shorts and a t-shirt. No big deal because let’s face it, this is what I wear 345 days of the year but tonight when the sun went down…it was cold.
But I’ve never seen a pumpkin spice smoothie before!
I tried making this recipe a few times and the Nutella really makes a difference. “Duh,” right? It just didn’t have the creamy texture that I was looking for until I threw in a biggish dollop of the chocolate spread.
Another key ingredient was the apple cider, because usually I’d use milk to thin my smoothies. Make sure you buy the apple cider that looks brown and cloudy, not the sparkling kind. The real stuff.
Seriously, nothing hollers fall like apple cider.
If your smoothie seems to be a little on the thick side for you and your fancy paper straw, just add some extra apple cider and things will be fine and dandy.
I promise you’ll love this Pumpkin Spice Smoothie.
As well as eating everything pumpkin this fall, I’ll also be checking my wardrobe because it seems I need some pants.
Pumpkin Spice Nutella Smoothie
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup frozen sliced banana
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whipped cream and crushed chocolate for garnishing optional
- Place all of the ingredients except the garnishes into a blender.
- Blend on low speed for 1 minute and then increase to high until the contents are smooth and lump free.
- Check the consistency and add more apple cider if you prefer it to be less thick.
- Pour into a tall cup and garnish if desired.
- Add a straw and enjoy.