Delicious baked lemon curd bars with a buttery shortbread base and chewy granola and oatmeal topping! This simple lemon bar recipe is perfect to make for a snack or even with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
I would be the first to admit that I do have a sweet tooth for baked goods. I love pairing up a fresh baked scone or lemon doughnut with a hot cup of coffee, and this jammy lemon bar recipe definitely fits in that category! It’s not like a traditional lemon bar with multiple ingredients, the filling is just pure lemon curd and topped with a crunchy granola and oatmeal topping. The idea came from these blackberry jam bars.
FAQ’s about making this lemon bar recipe
Not at all, buy the best lemon curd you can find for maximum lemon flavor.
Yes, in fact I think they taste better the next day.
Definetely! You can switch up for your favorite and they’ll still taste amazing.
Recipe adapted from SweetPhi.com
more tasty bar recipes
Oatmeal Jammy Lemon Bar Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cold
- ¾ cup plus 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 12.7oz jar of lemon curd
For The Topping
- ½ stick unsalted butter, cold
- 3 tsp all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup granola
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Dice 1 stick of the butter and add to a food processor along with ¾ cup plus 1 tbsp of all purpose flour, ⅓ cup of sugar 3 tbsp of rolled oats.
- Pulse on high speed for about 20-30 seconds .
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan pressing it down until even and flat.
- Add the lemon curd and carefully spread over the pastry mixture. I recommend first transferring all of the lemon curd to a bowl and mixing it with a spoon. This will make it easier to spread.
- Add the remaining ½ stick of butter to the food processor with 3 tsp flour, 3 tbsp sugar and ⅓ cup of the granola.
- Pulse for about 15 seconds.
- Sprinkle the topping over the lemon curd and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before slicing.