A traditional Moscow Mule with a fruity herby twist. Raspberry basil muddle, vodka, lime and ginger beer makes this the perfect boozy white sandy beach drink.
I had this recipe scheduled to hit the whole wide world in a few weeks, but I just got so excited about it that I couldn’t wait!
It’s simple and probably someone has made it before but who cares?
In fact I care so little that I’ll happily use a bottle opener as a muddler for this recipe. Is a muddler even a thing? The opener was perfect for smashing the fresh raspberries and basil leaves together and producing that thick puree that’s added to the vodka and ginger beer.
To be honest I’m more of a beer and wine drinker and tend to skip the hard liquor, I ain’t twenty anymore. But this Moscow Mule is more refreshing than harsh tasting. Basil is my spirit herb and the tart raspberries cut the ginger beer flavor making it super smooth.
Because this drink takes about 8.4 seconds to make, you can have even more time to kick back and watch the day go past.
After a few, the day might seem to be passing a lot slower.
This is normal and shouldn’t be concerning to you. Make another mule.
Adding herbs to booze is becoming a habit for me. Basil works equally as awesome with this Mango Spritzer or make a giant pitcher of Lemongrass and Lime Cooler and park your butt on the porch for the rest of the summer.
Fresh herbs aren’t just for chicken or pasta, try them in desserts too. Strawberry and Thyme Oat Bars will blow your mind!
The kids go back to school in a few weeks and I’m left wondering where the heck did summer go? I feel like I need to make one more herb infused cocktail so leave me your best ideas in the comments.
Maybe it’s time for pumpkin?
Moscow Mule Infused with Basil and Raspberries
- 6-8 leaves basil plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries plus extra for garnish
- 4 parts of vodka
- Juice of 4 limes
- Ginger beer
- Place the basil leaves and 1/2 cup raspberries in a glass and mash with a muddler or something with a blunt end.
- Divide the mixture between two Moscow Mule cups or old fashioned glasses.
- Fill the cups with ice cubes and add two parts of vodka into each of them.
- Squeeze the juice from two limes into each cup (4 limes total)
- Top up each cup with the ginger beer and garnish with another basil leaf and a few more whole raspberries.
- Add a straw and serve at once.