This might be the perfect and easiest way to start your day! Triple Berry Parfaits full of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries plus granola and healthy toppings.
Day one of the new year and I’m starting it with healthy breakfast parfaits.
These are fully loaded with crushed raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. Yup,I said crushed because there’s way more flavor when the berries get smooshed together rather than them being kept whole in the parfaits
Something tells me that I’ll be making these triple berry parfaits on a regular basis. I don’t usually feel like eating too much for breakfast but these hit the spot.
Let’s talk about the layers! Vanilla yogurt, crunchy granola, berries and cinnamon coated pecans. Wow, they’re filling but not crazy sweet except for some honey.
As if the middle of the parfaits weren’t awesome enough, the toppings are through the roof and completely optional. I used some more fruit, granola, nuts, chia seeds, flaxseed and a sprinkle of bee pollen. If you prefer something with a little less topping, check out my Strawberry and Blackberry Compote Parfaits.
Feel free to switch them up for something else you have on hand. I don’t think there’s any way on planet earth that you could mess up these parfaits.
If you’re grocery store has bulk bins, check out the granola and trail mix. You can buy small amounts of so many different kinds and not be stuck with one big bag of the same flavor.
Seeds and dried fruit are great options too, and maybe some chocolate chips. Just a teeny sprinkle because chocolate, like wine is good for you, right?
Happy New Year everyone!
Healthy Loaded Triple Berry Parfaits
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup granola
- 1/4 cup chopped cinnamon coated pecans
- 1 tsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp bee pollen
- 1/4 cup honey
- Gather together 3 glasses or jars for the parfaits.
- Combine the berries in a bowl and roughly crush them with the back of a fork and mix together.
- Add a layer of granola to the bottom of each glass followed by about 2 tablespoons of the yogurt.
- Sprinkle some of the chopped nuts on top and then another thin layer of granola.
- Place two tablespoons of the crushed berries into the glass and top with yogurt and granola.
- Build another layer of berries topped with some more nuts and granola.
- Finish the parfaits by topping with yogurt, a sprinkle of granola, flaxseed, chia and bee pollen. Drizzle with honey and add a few whole berries as a garnish.
- Serve at once.
Gorgeous parfaits, the perfect way to start the year!
These are almost too pretty to mess up!! I love the vibrant colors of the berries against the white yogurt. Had never thought to get a bunch of different kinds of granola- great idea! I’ve never had straight bee pollen before, and I’m curious. What does it do on top of the honey, and where did you find it?
Can’t wait to try this!
I got the bee pollen at Sprouts Market and I don’t think it reacts with the honey if that’s what you mean? Thanks for the comment!
Just discovered your blog ! Everything looks delicious! Love your unique recipes and beautiful photos!
Thanks Valerie, I appreciate it :)