I’m always happy when I publish a fresh post because it means new content and I get to share it with you guys. But this post is extra special. If you’re a lover of real-deal cook books and like me, hate (with a passion) refreshing your laptop or phone screen when you’re cooking then you need to enter this giveaway. One lucky person will win all 12 of these amazing cookbooks!
Myself and 11 other bloggers have joined forces to help grow your cookbook collection. I love turning to my own books for inspiration, awesome photography and all kinds of recipes to suit every occasion. I would love to have any one of these books in my kitchen, let alone a dozen of them. My contribution to the pot was, A Kitchen In France by Mimi Thorisson. Mimi writes for her blog, Manger and lives with her large family, including 14 dogs in Medoc, France. I chose Mimi’s book because her style of cooking is simple. Don’t let that make you think her recipes are boring because they’re far from it. Her dishes are rustic, seasonal and family style friendly. Chicken and Ham Pie, Roast Sausages with Fennel and Blood Orange Chocolate Tartlets are just a few I’d love to try.
For now, this Lemon Tart from Manger will have to do. It’s intense lemon flavor makes you pucker up a little, but for me that’s exactly how a lemon tart should be. Baked in a simple pre-made pastry crust, there’s no need for this tart to be perfect around the edges. Just like Mimi and her rustic Medoc farmhouse this tart fits right in with her style.I used a 9 inch cast-iron skillet, so the filling is on the thin side, but you could use a traditional tart pan. You may have to adjust the cooking time though. Best served after chilling in the fridge for a few hours.
Follow the Rafflecopter instructions below and enter this awesome giveaway and don’t forget to visit each blog for more chances to win!
The giveaway will run from 3/16 at 12 AM EST to 3/23 at 12 AM EST. Open to U.S. and Canadian residents. One winner will be chosen at random and the books will be shipped to you by each blogger.
Savory Simple – Bakeaholic Mama – Taste Love and Nourish – All Day I Dream About Food – Lifes Ambrosia – The Beeroness – Une Gamine Dans La Cuisine – A Brown Table – Very culinary – Cooking With Books – Cravings of a Lunatic
- 1 sheet pre-made shortcrust pie pastry
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- The juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay the pastry into a 9 inch tart or skillet.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg and the sugar together until light, about 5 minutes of fast hand whisking.
- Add the lemon juice, melted butter and zest to the bowl and gently combine.
- Pour the mixture into the par-baked crust and bake for a further 25-30 minutes or until the center is no longer jiggling and is a golden brown color.
- Let the tart rest until cool and then place in the refrigerator before slicing.