This post is sponsored by Dave’s Killer Bread, all thoughts and opinions are always my own!
An easy lunch that’ll keep you going until dinner time, this bagel sandwich is loaded with Italian meats, cheese and peppers.
Today I’m bringing you a sandwich that surpasses all other sandwiches, the king of sandwiches, the VIP of lunch! It’s loaded with four kinds of meat, cheese and drizzled with an Italian olive oil dressing.
But I didn’t use bread to make it, well I did sort of. Are you confused? I used a bagel to build it sky high!
And not just any boring old bagel, this epic Italian lunch bomb is built on a bagel from Dave’s Killer Bread. So I guess you could call it a killer bagel. Because I’m already a huge fan of Dave’s Killer Bread, when I saw the new range of bagels in the store I was super excited. They come in three flavors- Plain Awesome, Cinnamon Raisin Remix and Epic Everything. You always need an everything bagel in the line up, duh!
And who says bagels are only for breakfast? Actually they can be for anytime, including lunch, especially when we’re almost into full on back-to-school mode with the kids. Bagels are a great item to add to that school lunch and can be made like this Italian style or kept simpler with a spread of peanut butter and jelly or cream cheese and strawberry jam.
And I don’t know about your kids but when mine get home from school, it’s like they haven’t eaten for days! I can’t believe the amount of stuff they pull from the fridge. Another great time to have some bagels handy!
Dave’s keep things simple; their breads are loaded with healthy seeds and whole grains and don’t carry any artificial anything. The bagels follow the same philosophy. They also have a new cinnamon raisin loaf, Raisin the Roof!, and can’t wait to see what they launch next!
If you haven’t tried them, do it now! Go and build a giant bagel sandwich like I did, you’ll never regret it!
Italian salami Bagel Sandwich
- 1 whole Dave's Killer Bread Plain Awesome Bagel, sliced in half
- 4 thin slices mortadella
- 4 thin slices pepperoni
- 4 thin slices Genoa salami
- 2 whole slices cooked bacon
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- 4 whole pepperoncini's, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper
- Slice the bagel in half.
- Layer the four meats on top of the bottom half of the bagel.
- Top with the provolone cheese and sliced peppers.
- Whisk the lemon juice, sugar, mustard, olive oil and salt and pepper together until emulsified.
- Drizzle the dressing over the meat and cheese and add the top of the bagel.
- Slice in half and serve with an easy side salad for a perfect tasty lunch,