This isn’t a breakfast you could have everyday…okay it could be but Huevos Rancheros is so special that you don’t ever want to get tired of eating it!
So do what I do with macho breakfasts like this, and save them for those lazy weekends where you can really savor them. I have a visual in my head right now of me sitting at a tiny table beside the ocean, feet in the sand and eating this for breakfast.
Annnnnd slap! Back to reality, It’s Thursday and I have a list as long as the Titanic.
Traditional huevos rancheros are made with corn tortillas as the bed for all of that eggy goodness on top.
But tradition can be broken and I used Flatout Foldit’s on my plate. I do still love the crispy taste so I charred my bread over a gas burner for a few seconds just to give it some slightly burnt edges.
Flatout breads are not just for wraps, let’s get that straight. There are so many ways to use them and after watching this video on how to make a super-easy breakfast sandwich, huevos rancheros were all I could think about!
So let’s build this big-boy breakfast.
Flatout 5 Grain Flax Foldit’s topped with a tomato and beef chorizo sauce. We could stop right here and just face plant it but we need to keep going because there’s more deliciousness.
Black beans and crumbled queso fresco.
And then the egg, that soft-yolk runny egg that just flows like lava when you poke it with a fork.
This is how lazy breakfasts should be handled guys.
This post was sponsored and compensated by Flatout Breads. All thoughts and opinions are always my own.
Huevos Rancheros with Spicy Tomato Chorizo
- 4 Flatout Foldit breads
- 12 oz beef chorizo
- 1 cup diced tomato from a can
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup queso fresco cheese
- 1 lime
- Salsa and cilantro for garnishing
- In a non-stick pan heat the chorizo, tomato and beans until hot.
- Over a gas burner or under your broiler, char the Flatout Foldit until the edges become slightly crispy.
- Place the breads on a plate and add the chorizo mixture over the bread.
- Fry both of the eggs until desired doneness and place on top of the chorizo.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro