Let me show you how to make these delicious creamy scrambled eggs! Served on warm buttered toast, this is a perfect breakfast for any occasion.
Scrambled eggs are such an easy and common dish to prepare, but they can also be the easiest to ruin. Good scrambled eggs should be soft and creamy and almost melt in your mouth, and the texture should be loose and wet. The most common way to ruin your scrambled eggs is to overcook them.
tips for making the best creamy scrambled eggs
- When eggs are cooked they become firm very quickly by losing water. It should only take 1-2 minutes to make creamy scrambled eggs.
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl before adding to the pan, Beat quickly with a whisk to incorporate as much air into the eggs as possible.
- Always use a medium-low heat and stir constantly while the eggs are in the pan.
- Once the eggs begin to come together, you might think they still need some more time on the heat. This is where you’ll end up overcooking them, because there’s actually enough residual heat on the bottom of your pan to cook them for that 20-30 more seconds.
- I used mascarpone cheese to give the eggs that delicious rich and creamy texture but you could also use creme fraiche or a dollop of sour cream.
- Creamy scrambled eggs are best served at once, so make sure the toast is ready and all you need to do is add the eggs on top and garnish with some extra chives.
FAQ’s about making scrambled eggs
Three eggs will be enough for one adult. You can easily double the recipe to feed more.
You could but that’s what omelettes are for. Scrambled eggs should be light and airy. I recommend adding some smoked salmon or fresh herbs
Yes, Greek yogurt would work.
No, milk will only water down the eggs. You need the high butterfat content of the soft cheese to make delicious scrambled eggs.
The answer is probably not. They’ll still be edible but probably with a tough rubbery texture. It might take a couple of practice ties to perfect scrambled eggs, but at least they have minimal ingredients.
add-in ideas for your scrambled eggs
- Smoked salmon
- Fresh herbs
- A handful of baby spinach leaves
- Truffle oil
- Tabasco, Worcestershire or salsa
- Goat cheese or feta
- Diced bell peppers
more breakfast egg recipes
How To Make Creamy Scrambled Eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped chives plus more for garnish
- 1-2 slices crusty bread, toasted
- Toast your bread and set aside.
- Place a small non stick pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and beat with a fork.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the eggs.
- Using your fork continuously and quickly whisk the eggs in a circle motion until they begin to thicken.
- When the eggs have thickened but are still wet ad look like they are not done, add the mascarpone and gently mix it through the eggs with the fork until it has melted.
- The eggs should be soft and loose and you can probably take the pan off the heat at this stage.
- Season with salt and pepper and fold in the chives.
- Place the eggs on top if your toast and garnish with extra chives.
- Serve at once.