This post is sponsored by Canon USA.
This delicious balsamic chicken salad is perfect for a summer’s day picnic or day at the beach! It’s packed with mixed greens, fresh peaches and tossed in a balsamic dressing.
Summer is all about eating light for me and as much as I love my comfort foods, making pot roast on a 90 degree day just isn’t worth it. But what is worth it is making an awesome salad and packing it up into individual containers to hand share with some friends on a picnic! Lounging in the park is definitely a summer activity I could get used to and it’s so easy to pull it all together. My balsamic chicken salad is light and fresh and loaded with tasty ingredients such as mixed greens, fresh peaches, grilled chicken and feta cheese and then tossed lightly in a balsamic vinegar dressing!
This salad is so good that your picnic friends are obviously going to ask you where the recipe came from and what could be easier than providing it for them! All of my recipes on the blog are printable which makes life easier whether you’re cooking in the kitchen or off on a journey. No more entering your password multiple times when your laptop goes to sleep and your hands are covered in flour!
That’s why a good printer is essential for me and my daily tasks. My Canon PIXMA printer is exactly that. Its compact size means it fits perfectly in my office space without having to clear a huge space for it on the desk. It’s quiet when printing and gets the job done with no fuss. I love the wi-fi capability and how I can also easily print from my phone. You could also use your Canon PIXMA Printer to print high quality photographs during the holiday season and attach them to gifts. I’m pretty sure whoever receives them will appreciate the personal touch.
Check out the Canon PIXMA Printer product page where you can learn how much more the PIXMA can do for you! And don’t forget to download the free Canon In The Kitchen Summer Recipes e-book packed full of amazing recipes from me and many other food bloggers!
more tasty salad recipes
Balsamic Chicken Salad with Feta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- pinch salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground dried ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 ounces spring green salad mix
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 small peach cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds plus more for garnishing
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- Heat the grill to high. Rub both sides of the breast with the olive oil.
- Season your chicken breast with some salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Grill until no lnger pink in the middle, about 5-7 minutes on each side. let cool and then slice into strips or chunks.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, honey, ginger and cumin to a blender or food processor.
- Spin on slow speed and slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- Taste and add black pepper if needed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the salad greens, chicken, sliced strawberries, sliced peach, almonds, and feta cheese.
- Drizzle only some of your balsamic dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat everything. Add more dressing if you prefer.
- Lay the salad on a large platter and garnish with some extra almonds.
- Serve at once while the leaves are still nice and fresh.
Yes please, I could eat my weight in this salad!
Wow this salad is amazing Gerry! I am now craving something healthy for a change.
Yes! Make it Jocelyn :)
Apparently I need to stock my fridge so I have better leftover options for gorgeous salads like this. Love the addition of peach, too!
Thanks Anna, it’s a tasty one
A fantastic salad, Gerry.
Thanks Angie :)
Gerry, my kids are the same way with strawberries . . and any berry for that matter. . love this salad. . and I’ve got to try this dressing! delicious!
Kids and berries, what is it? lol..
Really my kind of salad so I doubt it would sit long enough for a “not so appealing dark color” to appear. GREG
Too true Greg!
My family would go nuts for this salad!
Thanks Lori, try it out on them :)
oh it looks delicious. Salad’s truly can be delicious and with the balsamic and the chicken, peaches and the almonds- this is wonderful
I love fruit in my salads Jess :)
This looks delicious and light and full of great flavors. I could eat that for dinner every night!
Only with one of your awesome Desserts Tricia!!
This salad is beautiful! I love the combination of strawberries and balsamic, it’s such a great flavor.