Ham and Cheese Croissants topped with everything bagel seed is how to do breakfast! These are so easy to make and will be gone from the dish in a hot second.
You must have seen those videos of Hawaiian sweet rolls filled with ham and cheese and baked in the oven. They’re really easy to make and you can feed a bunch of people in one easy method.
But what if we leave Hawaii behind and head for Paris? I’m talking about switching the rolls for croissants guys because today is National Croissant Day!
I was stoked how these turned out, especially the croissants and how they took on a super crispy flaky texture. These weren’t fancy croissants at all, just the small soft ones from my local store. These are now on my easy breakfast items list.
Unlike the ham and cheese roll recipe, the croissants don’t fit snug together but that’s okay because all of that gooey swiss cheese just morphs together for even more deliciousness.
There’s also a layer of dijon mustard on the bottom of every croissant just to add some extra french flavor, then a layer of swiss cheese followed by a layer of smoked ham and then ANOTHER layer of cheese. Too much cheese?
But the thing that really make these ham and cheese croissants way more special than others I’ve tried, is the everything bagel seed sprinkled over the top.
Seriously friends if everything croissants are a thing and I just haven’t met them yet, point me in the right direction.
If they’re not, then they need to be.
Making your own homemade everything seed topping is not difficult at all. It’s even easier if your store has a bulk section where you can buy small amounts of the four ingredients. Poppy seeds, dried garlic, dried onion and sesame seeds are all you’ll need to get that authentic bagel taste.
You’ll end up sprinkling that stuff on everything savory, I promise (like your eggs for breakfast)
Get those Monday pants on!!
Ham and Cheese Croissants with Everything Seed Topping
- 10 small straight baked croissants
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 16 slices swiss cheese
- 10 slices smoked maple honey ham
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tbsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees F.
- Slice each croissant in half and place the bottom halves tightly together in an 9 x 13 inch oven safe dish.
- Spread some of the mustard on each of the croissant bases and top with 8 slices of swiss cheese.
- Fold each slice of ham and place on top of each croissant followed by the remaining 8 slices of cheese on top.
- Combine the poppy seeds, onion, garlic and sesame seeds in a bowl and stir to mix well.
- Place the top halves of each croissant on top and brush with some melted butter.
- Sprinkle the everything seed mixture liberally on top of the croissants.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes and golden brown on top.
- Slice the croissants into 10 and serve at once.