Grilled Romaine Salad is the perfect accompaniment to this creamy steakhouse style potato soup packed with red potatoes and red potato skins!
I am such a bad decision maker and will routinely look at restaurant menus online before I actually get to the restaurant, so I know what’s available! For all of you out there that share my issue, you can always go with the solid and reliable choice of soup and a salad, right? But you have to try grilled romaine!
You have warm and cold and even some greens thrown on for peace of mind and to stay on top of those New Year’s resolutions.
If you’ve never had potato soup you need to get it on your list of must-haves. This delicious version from Idahoan Premium Steakhouse Potato Soups is so easy to throw together for dinner. Pair it up with my grilled romaine steak salad and you are set! The two go together so well, especially the juicy strips of skirt steak!
If you feel the urge to keep in the steakhouse theme or if you just can’t make it out to your local steakhouse, you can try bringing the steakhouse to your own house.
Throw on some music, have the kids dress up in their best western gear and if mom and dad are cool with it, cover the kitchen floor with peanut shells!
Idahoan Steakhouse Soups are available in four flavors and so handy when dinner time rolls around and you’re trying to make up time from after school baseball and then piles of homework! Trust me, I get it. This creamy flavor is packed with real red potatoes and even the skins.
I love this because whenever I cook anything with potatoes, I always leave the skin on. It’s too nutritious to throw away and it packs a ton of flavor!
This post was sponsored by Idahoan Premium Steakhouse Potato Soups, all thoughts are always my own!
Grilled Romaine Salad with Creamy Potato Soup
- 1 pack Idahoan Creamy Potato Soup
- 1/2 pound skirt steak
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 whole romaine lettuce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole tomato, chopped and diced
- 1/2 cup pitted and halved black olives
- 1 whole apple, diced
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Prepare the soup as per the directions on the pack.
- Discard the outer leaves of the romaine and slice in half longways. Drizzle the romaine with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your grill to high. Season the steak with salt and pepper and grill for about 4 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate and let it rest.
- Place the romaine on the grill flat side against facing the heat. Grill for about 2 minutes on each side until the leaves are slightly charred. Transfer to a plate.
- Place the romaine on a serving platter or plate and top with tomato, olives, apple, feta cheese and corn.
- Slice the steak into thin strips and place on top of the salad.
- Drizzle the ranch dressing over the whole plate and serve at once with the potato soup.