Being a food blogger means my kitchen is my second office, so for me it has to be set up well. When we had our kitchen remodel completed many years ago, I wasn’t blogging, so if I could go back and do it all again things would be very different.
Now, because all of my photography is shot using natural light, I’m all about the bright clean look. I love white, which for some may be impractical, but that’s the direction I’d take. Kitchen remodels can be stressful and sometimes take up to a week or more to complete, but Frigidaire and Lowe’s have joined forces to make things a little easier for you. You could transform your kitchen in a weekend without the full remodel and stress. Even if you’re like me and not so handy with a hammer, with just a few easy transformations and well-thought plans you could pop some wow into your own kitchen with the Frigidaire Professional Collection.
To keep in my light, bright and easy mode, I created this delicious Grilled Caesar Salad with Shrimp. You can make this for lunch, and it won’t take more than 30 minutes. By using the Frigidaire Professional French Door Refrigerator with it’s adjustable crisper bins, you can keep the romaine lettuce and other greens super fresh until you’re ready to use them. The refrigerator also boasts ample storage space and smudge proof steel which is awesome if your kids are in and out of the refrigerator as often as mine!
Because Frigidaire (linked) can supply a full range of standard sized, professional-grade appliances well below the cost of custom sizes, you can work on your decoration skills and then just slide your shiny new steel into place…voila new look completed! I’ve added some collages to hopefully send some inspiration your way. You’ll notice that everything is light and bright. I added an island because for me that’s an important piece of extra worktop real estate, a wine fridge because, well wine…and just to help all of that light color pop, I’d lay a faux wooden style plank floor like this allen and roth style available at Lowe’s.
Leave a comment below and let me know what you’d love to change in your own kitchen and don’t forget to check out Lowe’s for more information on the Frigidaire Professional Collection and all of the products shown below.
Make sure to follow Frigidaire and Lowe’s on social media for more inspiration and ideas!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of KitchenPlay for Frigidaire. All opinions expressed are 100% mine
Grilled Caesar Shrimp Salad
For The Dressing
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
For The Salad
- French baguette for the croutons
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- Black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped into dice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 1 tablespoon
- 6 large shrimp seasoned with your favorite seafood rub and skewered
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and pulse until well mixed. Set aside.
- Cut about half of the baguette into cubes and transfer to a baking tray.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over the bread and sprinkle with the dried oregano.
- Gently toss together to coat the bread cubes and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes and they turn golden brown. Slice the romaine in half lengthways keeping the root on at the bottom.
- Drizzle the remaining two tablespoon of oil over the inner leaves of the lettuce and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat your grill to high and place the two pieces of lettuce onto the grill, seasoned side facing down.
- Grill for about 1 minute and then turn them over and grill for another 20-30 seconds. You just need to char the lettuce and it’ll cook very fast so keep an eye on it.
- Transfer the lettuce to a plate.
- Place the shrimp skewer onto the grill and cook for about 3 minutes each side and the shrimp is a nice pink color.
- Place the lettuce onto a large plate and drizzle the dressing over and around it.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and arrange the tomatoes and croutons around the lettuce, adding more dressing if preferred.
- Finally place the shrimp on top of the lettuce and serve at once.