These tasty skewers were fast and easy to make. I saw the recipe over at My Baking Addiction and knew I had to try them. If I could change one thing it would be to marinade them for at least a day ahead. I waited about 5 hours and the flavors were there but left longer, they would be really pungent. I added small potatoes to the skewer for the first time but make sure you par-boil them for about 10-15 minutes, any longer and they might break apart when pierced.
I served them beside some couscous but you could also partner them with a nice feta salad.
Let the summer grilling commence!
Recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
About 12 small potatoes
1 large sweet onion, peeled and cut into wedges
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into cubes
Fresh basil to garnish
1. In a small bowl, mix together all the marinade ingredients.
2. In a large resealable plastic bag or bowl, place the marinade, zucchini ,onion wedges and chicken. Seal, and mix to coat. Refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
3. When ready to cook, preheat grill for medium-high heat.
4. Discard marinade, and thread the meat and vegetables onto skewers, leaving a small space between each item.
5. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for 10 minutes, turning as needed, or until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender.