Usually the classic recipes are the best, which makes sense because why would they be classics if nobody liked them? It’s a no-brainer and especially relevant when it comes to buffalo chicken and blue cheese.
When asked me if I’d try this sauce-dripping buffalo chicken sandwich and give it a review, I couldn’t say no. Why would I? That’s crazy! This sandwich is everything an indulgent sandwich should be. The chicken is marinated in Frank’s RedHot® Sauce and grilled so it’s already scoring major flavor points right there.
Then more sauce is added along with lettuce, tomato and red onion for some crunch.But the blue cheese is really what completes the sandwich. When you take a bite and you get that spicy kick from the hot sauce followed by the creamy, blue cheese taste we all love, you know things are pretty freaking good.
Treasure Cave® Blue Cheese isn’t too strong either so for the people who think they hate the flavor; you should give it a try. I personally load it on big cheese style, blue cheese is one of my favorites and the more smelly the better. A lot of my summer recipes involve grilling and this is one that’ll be on repeat!
The cheese comes crumbled so all you have to do is add it to the sandwich at the end, throw on some lettuce, tomato and crispy red onion and life is complete. Don’t forget the spread simply made by mixing more Frank’s RedHot® Sauce and ranch dressing. It keeps the bun good and moist and if you add too much, you might find some stray sauce dripping down your wrist.
That’s a sign of an epic sandwich!
This post is sponsored by Treasure Cave® Blue Cheese. All opinions and thoughts are always my own!
Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12oz bottle Franks Redhot Buffalo Sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
- 4 whole soft buns, split
- 1/4 cup Treasure Cave® Blue Cheese Crumbles
- lettuce , tomato and red onion all optional
- Marinate the chicken in half of the bottle of Franks RedHot Sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix the remaining sauce with the dressing and keep refrigerated until use.
- Grill the chicken over a high heat for abut 12 minutes depending on the thickness of the the breasts. Adjust time of necessary.
- Place some of the sauce mixture onto the base of each bun.
- Lay a chicken breast on top of the sauce and top with some of the blue cheese crumbles.
- Add lettuce, tomato and onion if desired and serve at once.