Celebrate National OJ Day on May 4th with a delicious and refreshing smoothie made with Florida OJ, frozen blueberries and vanilla yogurt!
No one can deny that times have been strange for all of us this past year. I’m a firm believer in following my routine every day, but I had to adapt and find a new way to move forward and still enjoy each day. Even with the changes, I still found that one thing I had to include in my new day-to-day routine was to actually find time to stop and take a break.
It didn’t need to be an hour lunch or a complete shut down from a screen or in my case the kitchen, just 5 or 10 minutes was enough to slow down and recharge for my own sanity and well-being. I found that instead of reaching for my typical snacks, which mostly provide unsustainable energy to be honest, I enjoyed making a fresh smoothie.
This simple version with only three ingredients really hit the spot and kept me going until lunchtime. Made with Florida Orange Juice, frozen blueberries and low-fat vanilla yogurt, it was perfect not only for me but also for my kids!
National OJ Day is May 4th, so make sure you have some Florida OJ on hand and reward yourself with a break during your day to reap the wellness benefits from Florida OJ.
5 great reasons to add Florida OJ to your smoothie
- Florida OJ is an excellent source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is one of the most powerful antioxidants we have available and it promotes a healthy immune system among other things. Staying healthy is important all the time.
- Florida OJ is naturally sweet and has no added sugar.
- Florida OJ has high water content and staying hydrated plays an important part in your health routine.
- It tastes so good you’ll wonder why you haven’t been adding more Florida OJ to your smoothies. It’s a great replacement for regular milk-based smoothies.
- Florida Orange Juice is The Original Wellness Drink, containing beneficial nutrients such as vitamin C, potassium, folate, and thiamin.
Making your Florida OJ blueberry smoothie
This recipeonly requires three ingredients and only takes a few minutes to make. That means you can maximize your break time with minimal fuss and mess. Just add Florida OJ, frozen blueberries and yogurt to a high-speed blender and mix for about 30 seconds. That’s all it takes. This recipe will make two 12 oz smoothies. You can also add some crushed ice if you prefer it slightly thicker.
Tips for making the best smoothie
- Make sure all the ingredients are fresh from the fridge or freezer and make your smoothie to order.
- Use a strong blender and start on the lowest setting until the fruit begins to break down.
- Blend for about a minute, stopping halfway through to give the blender a shake.
- If the blueberry smoothie seems too thick, you can add a little more Florida OJ until it reaches your perfect consistency.
Share this recipe with a friend who might need a wellness break or make extra and surprise someone! Even though National OJ Day is May 4th, you can celebrate all week long! Also visit www.floridajuice.com for more great FLOJ recipes.
more smoothie recipes
Florida OJ and Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 2 cups vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 ½ cup cups frozen blueberries
- Place all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend for 1 minute
- Shake to make sure the fruit is evenly crushed
- Blend for another minute or until thick and creamy
- Serve at once