Easy flat bread pizza topped with salami, mushrooms and lots of melted cheese! Skip the takeout pizza and make this for an easy appetizer!
Usually if I see any kind of flat bread on a menu, I’ll be tempted to order it. It’s like a baby pizza that won’t ruin your appetite for the main course! And they’re so easy to make at home. You can definitely go all out and make your dough from scratch but keeping things simple and buying your favorite pizza dough means you have more time to relax and enjoy the results.
Tips for making this easy flat bread pizza
- Let your pizza dough rest at room temperature for an hour if you can. This will relax the gluten and make it easier to roll out.
- Have some flour on hand to prevent your dough sticking to the work surface an to your rolling pin.
- Quickly sauté the mushrooms before adding them to the flat bread. If you add them raw, they won’t have the same delicious flavor that you get from seared Crimini mushrooms.
- A hot oven is a must when cooking pizza so it cooks fast and creates that chewy, crispy crust.
more great pizza recipes
Flat Bread Pizza with Mushrooms and Salami
- 16 ounce pizza dough
- ½ cup olive tapenade
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 ounce pack of sliced Crimini mushrooms
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 small slices of thin salami
- red pepper flakes and extra dry Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Slice the pizza dough into two evenly sized pieces
- Knead the dough pieces into two balls and then roll each ball into a long rectangle shape about 14 inches long and 8 inches wide
- Lightly dust a large baking sheet pan with some flour and lay each flat bread onto the pan side by side
- Divide the tapenade between each flat bread making sure to spread it evenly over the dough
- In a pan heat the olive oil until hot and add the mushrooms
- Cook the mushrooms for about 5 minutes and add the garlic tossing well
- Sprinkle a half cup of the cheese over the tapenade and top with 6 slices of salami on each flat bread
- Add some of the mushrooms on top of the cheese followed by some of the remaining grated cheese
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and looks slightly golden
- Once the flat bread pizza is done, garnish with some red pepper flakes and dried Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Slice into strips and serve at once